Chapter 3

I slowly made my way to a table for two,which made me think of her more. Oh how I wish she was sitting in front of me right now. A waitress came up to me immediately. The service here was excellent. I didn't look up until they tapped my shoulder. It was the young girl who would always serve me and (Y/n). "Hello,Oikawa!" She greeted cheerfully. "Hi" I waved weakly. "Haven't seen you in a while!" She chirped. But her expression changed. "Why are you and (Y/n) sitting on separate tables? Is it because of..." she paused,as if she lost her voice.

"I-I'll be right back!" She said before marching off. That was queer... I rested my chin on my palm. I'll have to wait. Could (Y/n) be here? But I did not see her anywhere...

My eyes suddenly felt heavy. Goddamn you,sleep. I let my eyes close anyway. Memories began to replay in my head. The many times we came to this place,our first date and everything. She was very happy and nervous that day.

There's so much I wanted to say... So much I wanted to do... I never got the chance to tell her how I truly feel about her. Why is love so painful and confusing? What kind of hell is this? I have a sudden urge to hide from everything and everyone,even (Y/n). I feel embarrassed,strangely. I knew I was blushing pathetically and pulled down my hood more.

I folded my arms and hid my face by resting my head on the table. Perhaps I shouldn't have come here for nothing,like an idiot. I think...no,I know that she won't want me back. But she's just so irresistible. Ugh,I hate going in circles all the time. I should be on my way home then.

I litfed my head,to see our waitress drag a girl toward me. She looked familiar... I put my head back on the table,and pretended that I did not see them coming. Didn't care anymore. I then felt someone pinch my arm. I quickly woke up,not because it was painful,but because it startled me. My hood flew back in the process,exposing the tangled mess of what used to be my lush brunette locks. I squinted at the girl next to the waitress,my eyes were blur and hazy.

My heart skipped a beat when my eyes came to focus. It was (Y/n). I was so overjoyed,but she looked furious and digusted. I was surprised that she'd actually be here the day I decide to supposedly face the world and ask her for forgiveness. I wanted to speak,but I was absolutely speechless.

The waitress could see that (Y/n) did not want to be near me. She nervously motioned for (Y/n) to sit down at my table. I thought she would refuse and walk away. Instead she sighed and took a seat. My eyes grew wide in shock. Maybe I still have a chance?

The waitress then walked away,probably hoping (Y/n) won't take her life after her shift. (Y/n) has that wild side that could drive any man nuts,or even scare them. But I love it. That fury behind her (e/c) eyes is what made our relationship interesting.

After she left,(Y/n) folded her arms and gave me an unamused look. She looked kinda cute in my eyes though. "So,you've come running back,have you?" She muttered,yet,I heard what she said. "Yes I have,and I'm ashamed" I hung my head low as I gave a reply. "What happened to you,by the way? You look.... um..." she began to say,but hesitated. "Pathetic,I know" I finished her sentence for her. I'm sure it was what she was going to say. After that,I couldn't face her.

"Tooru,look at me" she said softly. Her voice was so welcoming this time,smooth as silk. I looked at her,she looked concerned this time. "I'm not a monster,neither are you" she stretched her arms across the table,opening her palms. I couldn't resist but take her hands slowly in mine. They were so soft,small and delicate,the very opposite of my own.

"I was thinking for a while,and maybe I should have at least asked for attention. It may sound forward,but it's better than a sudden break up. I'm so sorry for making you like this" (Y/n)'s eyes were glazed. I felt like slapping myself. I didn't want her to feel guilty,because I am the root of all of this happening. Why is poor (Y/n) blaming herself?