Too good to be True (Ash)

I watched in shock as Peter fell to the ground in sobs. I saw him trying to form words but the tears took over before he could say anything else. I looked forward into the eyes of Peter's parents and my own began to moisten. Could my parents be alive? I thought. His mother looked just like she did the night we thought they were murdered. Her dirty brown hair went past her shoulders with a perfect part to the right. Her light blue eyes were emotionless, but her lips had a hint of a smile. She had a perfectly shaped form and her clothes complemented it perfectly. She wore a dark brown T and dirty blue jeans with a pair of black boots. His father on the other hand had a gruffness to him. His jaw was square and he looked more angry than happy. His eyes were a muddy green and he had dark brown hair that was going in every direction, just as Peter's did. You could see his fine line of his muscle protruding from his shirt that was a bit too tight. He also wore lose patched jeans with short brown boots.
I looked down at Peter and saw him trying to rise and I helped him up. His eyes were red and swollen but he had the happiest smile. I had never seen Peter so happy in his life as he stumbled towards his parents. Once he reached his mother he hesitated before he wrapped his arms around her in a huge hug.
"I...I thought y-you were dead." I heard him sob his head resting on her shoulder.
"Oh, but we are." she said slyly, "You were just too foolish and took the bait."
And before I knew it, she pulled a large blade from behind her and shoved it into Peter's shoulder. He let out a blood-curdling scream filled to the brim with agony and pain. I watched as Peter tried to pull away but she held him against her forcing the knife deeper into his skin. All Peter could do was stand there limply against his mothers chest. No, this couldn't be his mother. His parents would never do this! Who is this?
"WHAT ARE YOU DOING!" I screamed desperately, pushing my thoughts the the back of my mind and ran towards her as she continued to hold Peter against her. But before I could reach her Peter's father jumped in the way.
"WHAT ARE YOU DOING!" I screamed again as I tried to go around him but he moved. My patience ran out and my arms began to glow red. I was so angry I could feel my eyes began to burn red also as I shot a fiery crimson blast towards him and hit him square in the chest. Thinking that would have taken him out, I stumbled backwards as he absorbed the blast into his body.
"How did you..." I began to say.
"You honestly didn't believe that you and the boy were the only ones to have powers." He laughed and suddenly his entire form shifted and he turned into the one person I dreaded most.
James.
Both sides of his head were caved in and you could see one of his eyeballs from the right side of his head protruding outwards. He had a wicked smile that was cut off at one side where I had burned him more. The flesh around the wound was still red and blistered and part of his bloodied skull could be seen. He wore a black, skin tight suit with boots attached, that were also black. His reddened eyes stared at me coldly and a chill went through my entire body. Why couldn't he have just died...
"Get...Out...Of...MY WAY!" I screamed hysterically my anger rushing through me clouding the rest of my emotions. I shot my hand outwards to shoot another bolt of electricity and he absorbed it once more and seemed to grow in size. I shot another and he dodged this one with no effort.
"So close!" He laughed and I felt as if my body had plunged into an ocean of anger.
"Ahhhhgggggg" I yelled. By now everything was glowing, my eyes even more, my frustration and desperation eating me from the inside out, but I didn't care. I wanted to kill this man so bad. This time I swung both of my arms out but instead of the usual one blast my entire body ejected a burst of energy that flew outwards knocking James to the ground. In the process I knocked myself to the ground and couldn't seem to pick myself back up. Everything felt ten times heavier than it had been before and my legs didn't have the strength to stand. I pushed off the ground with all my might but couldn't stand. My entire body had seemed to be zapped of its energy and I didn't even have the strength to say a word. My skin still faintly glowed red, but I could still see clearly even though sweat was running into my eyes. James was beginning to rise again and Peter was beginning to slump down to the ground still forced against the figure of his mom, who had the knife embedded in his back.
"Forget him Gwen, get over here boss only wants her, for now. We can put him with the others until we need him." James yelled to Peter's mother. He then held out his hand in the direction of the woman he called Gwen, and her entire body shifted also, but only because James was doing it. Once her skin stopped boiling and her hair stopped growing she was a completely new person. It was a woman with light brown skin and dark wavy hair that would have reached her waist if it wasn't in a pointy tail holder. She also wore a black, skin-tight suit just as James had. She was about as tall as Peter and looked strong and stubborn.
"Why can we just kill him now?" She asked pushing the knife deeper into Peter's skin. Peter didn't respond as his eyes dropped and he sunk closer to the ground.
"STOP IT!" I screamed and those seemingly were the only words that would escape my mouth as I tried to lunge at the woman called Gwen, to stop her from killing him, to no avail.
"Boss wants him alive." James growled the sentence with authority.
"Why?" She questioned angrily.
"I don't ask questions. Unless you want to explain to him that you killed him yourself, then I can't stop you. Trust me, I want to kill him as much as you do, and her even more, after what she did to ME!" He yelled gesturing towards his mutilated face, "But I'd rather not face him. He's got more power and control than both of us combined and we would be dead before I could snap my fingers! All he wants is her. " James shot back pointing at me as I still lay on the ground trying to get the energy to stand back up and fight.
"Fine!" She said terribly angry and yanked the bloodied knife out of Peter's back and he fell to the ground. I was crying now as I tried to crawl over to Peter's lifeless body when Gwen grabbed me from behind and held both of my arms backwards and hoisted me upon my knees to where I was staring straight into James eyes.
"I'm going to like this." James laughed and brought his fist back powerfully and plunged it forward, and that's all I remember before I woke up in a new place without the one person I had survived with my entire life.