Epilogue

Hehe, seems like I lied. I left it at too big of a cliffhanger, so I wrote an epilogue! Please don't kill me!!
--------------------------------------

Utter chaos. That was the only phrase that could describe what was happening in those moments. Screams of protest, cheers of joy, and frantic moving bodies was all there was. The sound of sharp blades piercing the air with such precision, like it was a clean cut. But did it really end there?
That scene had happened several months ago, and yet to one person, it was still clear as day. Like it had only just happened. Shaking his head, he walked on, the hands in his pockets balling into tighter fists. He could feel his knuckles turn white, but he honestly didn't care.
The cool wind whipped his darkly-colored hair back and forth, giving it a slightly tussled look about it. The man didn't mind, really, considering that's how it had always been. His eyes hid behind the messy locks, shaded with the misery and pain that he felt on that day. He felt betrayed, but he also felt like he had betrayed someone as well, even though in all honesty, he had done nothing of the sort. So why was he still feeling this, even after all this time?
Shaking the thoughts and feelings away from his head best he could, he found himself at his destination: a flower shop. Looking at the door and seeing so many flowers inside only made the painful memories come back. He fought the desire to just scream out in agony, but kept his face straight, like always. He wasn't about to let his emotions push his expressions to slip. Instead, he pushed the door open, and walking inside.
The scent of the different and multiple varieties of flowers made the male nearly choke. To many, the smell was addicting and intoxicating, but to him, the scent was smothering, another painful reminder of what had happened at the courthouse. Sighing heavily inwardly, he once again had to suppress the thought, as he proceeded to search through a variety of roses. Picking out the absolute best he could find, he held a bundle of eighteen red roses, with thorns as sharp as one could find. He looked at the roses, the crimson of the petals reminding him of the blood, and the thorns that gently pierced his palms reminding him of his own pain. The number of the roses represented the years of the boy, in the male's memories, had lived his life. The dangers of his past all wrapped up into a bundle of beauty. This was what he wanted to buy for him. For the boy he yearned for. Paying the lady at the register, he walked out, and continued down the road towards his home.
~~~~
Opening the door, the man shut it behind him, before feeling a warm embrace greet him from behind.
"Welcome home," a soft voice cooed into his ear, the warmth of his breath sending chills down his spine. "Who're the flowers for?" the voice once more spoke into the man's ear.
The man turned, facing the person. The other was male, and younger than he himself was. Maybe eighteen years of age. Even in their age difference, the boy was several inches taller than the male, and he wore a big warm smile on his face. The man gave a small smirk.
"Who do you think they're for? Clueless brat," the man spoke in a flat tone, before handing the bundle to the boy. The younger male gladly accepted them, before once more wrapping his arms around the other. "They're beautiful, Levi."
A small blush of pink crept up on his cheeks as the boy spoke his name. His arms snaked around the boys waist, burying his face into his chest. "I'm glad you like them," he whispered, taking in his scent. He gently shook from relief, which made the boy hug him tighter.
"I love you, Levi," the boy whispered, closing his oceanic-colored eyes.
"I love you, too, Eren."
~~~~
"Levi, stop!!" A bigger voice boomed over everyone else's. Levi looked up from Eren's eyes, to see the judge at the very front of the crowd, slowly walking over to the two with the swords pressed to their throat. A small trickle of blood wormed its way down both the blades, since Levi had just begun his process of his plan.
"Is this what you really plan to do?" The judge looked both at Levi and at Eren, before locking his gaze back onto Levi once again.
"I stand strong by the words of the Survey Corps. We know exactly what Eren is capable of, and we know what to do if a problem tries to make its way in. We know that Eren is a hardworking soldier that was prepared to die at any given moment during battle, and he understood his consequences that were brought forth whenever he transformed. I don't believe in his punishment, and so I will stand by his side until the end and even after." That's the argument Levi put forth. His usually emotionless eyes were filled with determination, and his voice was hard with the same. He still held the blades to both of the male's throats, ready at any moment.
The judge was silent for several moments, before sighing. "Put the blades down, Levi," he muttered to 'Humanity's Strongest', before turning to the now silent, yet anxious crowd. "I hereby pardon Eren Jaeger from any form of execution. He has been granted to the Survey Corps, so whatever happens next is up to them."
Relief. That was all both of the male's felt as Levi dropped the blades and rushed to Eren, falling to his knees and hugging him tight.
~~~~
Levi looked over at the sleeping Eren beside him as the flashback faded from his mind. He could still see the small scar of the cut that was left underneath the boy's chin, and he shared one as well. He didn't care about the one that had been left on himself, but every time he looked at Eren's scar, he couldn't help but be washed over by guilt. Eren always tried to convince him otherwise, saying things like 'It could be a symbol of our bond,' something that would tell Levi that Eren didn't care. Even with Eren's Titan healing abilities, the scar still remained, and Levi wondered if it truly was a sign of their relationship, like it had meant to be.
Leaning over gently, Levi placed a kiss of Eren's cheek, before curling up into his chest, and falling asleep as well.

--------------------------------------
I'm thinking about writing another Ereri story like this one, but it'll be in modern times. Just a thought, but I might do it.

--------------------------------------
Hey!! So, I've started on a new fic!!! It's titled 'A Lifetime Friendship' featuring Eren x Levi (otp!!) go check it out!