Chapter 3

My dad locked the doors and pulled out his gun.

"Andy drive."

Andy slammed on the brakes, turning the wheel back and forth, squeezing through cars. People were freaking out, getting out of their car. They think they can fight the zombies, yeah they're wrong. Wait, zombies is a boring word, I think I'll call them 'The Infected'. Makes it seem more intense.

Andy made a sudden sharp turn, into a back road. The road seemed empty, finally. We kept driving.

I looked to my left down at Scarlett. She was shaking with fear still.

"Buckle yourself in, Scar. Don't want you flying out this car." I got a quick annoyed look from my dad. It was just a joke, he'll live.

I buckled myself in as well. Safety first. They never taught you that in zombie movies.

After about an hour of driving, and of some what awkward silence, I managed to fall asleep.

"Evanna. Evanna wake up." I heard Scarlett whisper into my ear. She slightly shook me by my should.

"I'm up, I'm up." I groggily said. I hated being woken up in the middle of a good nap.

Through the front window, I saw dried up trees and long ugly grass that looks like it hasn't been cut for months.

"Where are we?" I asked to no one in particular.

"This is the place. This is were we're supposed to find soilders."

I looked around. Seemed pretty dead to me. No pun intended.

"Well, doesn't seem like it." Wow, my sarcastic comments just kept coming out of me. Really wasn't a good time. I just can't tame the beast.

Andy took a huge breathe. "We'll just wait here until something happens. It's only 5 in the morning. We just need to have some hope."

Hope. Yeah, because that's really going to fight off dead people who eat human flesh. Which reminds me, what the fuck causes them to want to eat human flesh? Why couldn't it be vegetables. That would be great. Vegetables suck.

"Well, I'm gonna try to nap-nap." Scarlett responded. I almost chocked on the word 'nap-nap'. Who even says that anymore? Then again she is 9.

"Yeah, you nap-nap, Scar. I'll do the same. Is that alright dad?"

My dad looked at me, "Yeah, of course honey. I'll keep an eye out. Andy, you sleep as well. We need you well rested, just in case we need to drive off." Andy nodded.

"Wake me up in about 2 hours dad. I'll keep watch after."

My dad looked at me with a confused face, but then nodded. I guess he didn't expect me to be a strong independent woman. He was wrong.

I laid my whole body on the back seat, Scarlett laying right next to me. We're squished, but it's damn well more comfortable than sitting and sleeping.

I quickly fell into unconsciousness. I was dreaming. I could always tell the difference.

I was in a white room. Nothing in it. I wore white jeans with a white long sleeve shirt. Yuck.

There was a lady, suddenly appeared in the corner of the room. She stood, watching me. She looked so familiar.

"Mom?" I called out. She smiled in response.

"Evanna. It's been so long." She walked over, slowly, and hugged me. This hug felt so real, I couldn't believe it.

"Mom, where am I? What's going on?" I was so confused.