PROLOGUE

"'SIC GORGIAMUS ALLOS SUBJECTATOS NUNC.' WE GLADLY FEAST ON THOSE WHO WOULD SUBDUE US. NOT JUST PRETTY WORDS."
- MORTICIA ADDAMS

--

"THIS IS THE AGE OF MIRACLES ... AND THERE'S NOTHING MORE HORRIFYING THAN A MIRACLE."
- BARON VON STRUCKER

--

CLAUDIA BOOTH IS A WILD CARD. One of the first individuals on the planet to endure terragenesis after the crystals infected the sea life, she has been living off-radar and disguising her Inhumanity ever since her transformation. Even SHIELD wasn't aware she existed right away -- and once they were aware, they found it difficult to keep track of her, much less to make an approach.

BUT THE WORLD IS CHANGING RAPIDLY. Living selfishly in the shadows is no longer a luxury that either Claudia or the world can afford. With the Avengers divided after the events caused by the Sokovia Accords, and the Accords themselves currently undergoing severe debate from a number of sources, the world finds itself once more in need of heroes.

THE AVENGERS ARE BUT A SPLINTERED MEMORY. With Bruce Banner so long in hiding, and half of the team -- including the infamous Captain America -- on the run from a world that no longer knows how to feel about them, the Avengers making any sort of comeback seems unlikely at best.

YET THEIR ABSENCE DOES NOT DEEM THE WORLD SAFE. The Avengers encountered many villains in their oh-so-brief reign, and more evil-doers are all but climbing out of the woodwork, now more than eager to take advantage of the world's vulnerability. Threats on-planet include the tyranny of the Watchdogs, as well as the recently escaped Zemo, aided by the vengeful Ulysses Klaue. Threats off-planet are looming as well, enough so to draw attention from another realm.

ANOTHER TEAM MUST BE FORMED. That much has become near painfully clear. And so Claudia Booth is approached by one Phil Coulson with a proposition.

AND THAT IS WHERE HER STORY PICKS UP.

THIS IS WHERE THE FIRST A-FORCE BEGINS.

--

DEDICATED TO carolferris FOR HAVING UNWITTINGLY SPARKED THIS IDEA IN MY MIND IN THE FIRST PLACE, AND TO ThaliaGrace3214, JUST BECAUSE.