The Summary

Theme: What it truly means to be human.  

Summary: 

In the heart of Alacia's fiercest mountain ranges, there lies a monster. She is vicious, she is savage and she shows no mercy. She may resemble a human, but no reasonable human could murder countless people and enjoy it. She murders all those she sees. She murders all those who block her way. She destroys whole villages – but she always leaves one survivor. Just one. The most unfortunate of them all. Forced to watch his friends and family die, tortured until he begged for mercy and then let free. Left to tell the story; left to spread the terror.

You must not go up north. Every village up there has suffered from devastation. It is uncertain if civilisation remains up there.

And on the odd occasion she does come south... Run. That is all you can do, child. You must run and you must hide.

After the Third World War, Alacia was blasted off the coast of South America. In this strange land, monsters and beasts were not a rare sight. People banded together and small villages were born. Initially, many died. Mankind was not accustomed to the harsh conditions in a land where their advanced technology was absent.

The remains of all those attempting to escape the island by boat always washed up onto the shore eventually. No one ever got away.

After a couple of decades, however, mankind did as any organism does. Mankind adapted. Mankind learned to live in harmony with their environment. They cooperated and a system of mutual trust and dependence was established.

But there is darkness in every beam of light. A small group was formed, a group that wanted to return to the world where comfort and technology was a basic right. They called themselves the Legacy. The Legacy of the people who had once dominated the world.

The people did not complain. They deemed the motives of the people understandable and regarded them harmless. If they could find a way off the island, there would not be any complaints. And if they couldn't... well, no harm done, right?

The Legacy began experimenting in secret – on people. They really pushed the limits, to see how far they could go. Life after life was lost, until they lost the little value they had for human life altogether. What was one life, or ten lives, or even a hundred lives if they could get back to the world they wanted?

Serena Gray lived in a village. Her people worked and got along together beautifully and everybody truly loved living there. However, the crops failed one year. And the next. And the next. The village found themselves drowning in poverty, and they had no way to support themselves.

And so they turned on her, on Serena, and sold her to the Legacy. The most tragic part? The idea belonged to her brother.

Fast forward a couple of years – years of torture and pure agony – and Serena did what no one had ever done. She escaped the Legacy, not as the bright girl she had been but as a human-killing weapon. She took pleasure in killing. She enjoyed it.

The first thing she did was burn down her village. And all in it.

Urban myths about this new monster spread like wildfire. A land that had once been so peaceful, a land that had once flourished now burned. Destruction was left in her wake. And she was unbeatable.

Daemon does not know any of this. In fact, he does not know nor remember anything at all. He woke up one day, in the middle of nowhere, his head pounding in pain with no recollection of his past memories. Frustrated, he attempts to commit suicide but is saved by Serena.

He pledges his allegiance to her and swears to protect her no matter what. After all, he has a new purpose in life. He now has something to live for.

Daemon blindly follows her, even though her actions are cruel. He sees her methods as foolish and weak, but he still fights alongside her for he made a promise.

Suddenly, his memories begin to rush back – slowly, and then all at once. He remembers who he was, why he was there and what his purpose was.

His name is Warren. He's from a village that no longer exists. His family is dead. He was a member of the Legacy, but now belongs to a group of people that serve only one purpose in life: to destroy Serena Gray.

Word Count: [750 words]

Old Cover:

New Cover: 

New Cover: 

if you really liked the chapter, please comment "I pledge my loyalty to you in the Herculean" below! (That way i'll be granted immunity >

if you really liked the chapter, please comment "I pledge my loyalty to you in the Herculean" below! (That way i'll be granted immunity >.<)