Hungry no more

In the corridor of the high school in which she had been teaching for the past 2 years, Miranda Howard caught sight of a boy sitting on the ground with his hands covering his face and his elbows holding his knees close to his chest.

His face hardly visible, only his blonde hair shone in the sunlight coming from a distant window. Miranda, being a teacher, thought it to be her responsibility to find out what was the kid doing in the school so late after the day was over and almost everyone had left. She had reasons for staying back ... work load it was. Did he too ? She moved further in his direction, holding her handbag on her shoulder. She bent a little and said "Hey! Are you okay ?"

Soon enough she realized that the teenager was evidently soaked up in his own tears and his sobs up close were loud and clear. She went closer and said,"Why are you crying? You can tell me." The boy looked up,his gaze met her eyes, and he stared at her with his deep blue eyes while rubbing the tears off his face. "I am hungry!" He said in an unaccepted firm voice, as if he was never sobbing, because then his voice should be shaking. "That's all", she smiled, "here I have some sandwiches. Don't worry they are not spoilt or anything." "That won't be enough." His voice had an eerie feel to it and his eyes felt utterly empty just like the cloudless blue sky and his face blank.

"Well, let me help you. Tell me your name and let me drop u at your. But first let me call your parents." She started searching through her purse to fetch out her phone but the battery was dead. But the boy was not interested. Before she could break the news to him and was about to help him up, he said " You..." and took a long pause and then continued," You. Will. Help ?"" Yes of course. I will." He gave a contended smile .

With immense force he clutched at Miranda's neck , his grip so tight that her voice couldn't leave her throat
[ He stood up and banged the helpless 34 year old against the lockers beneath which he sat earlier. Through his wide and beautifully blue eyes, he sucked out every piece of soul the teacher ever owned.

He walked out contented and full, hanging his almost empty bag on his shoulder, while the woman whose soul he had just devoured lay on the ground empty. Her skin turned gray and all her veins were visible and her eyes wide open. Her lips were far apart from each other to let out the scream which died in her throat as she took her last breaths.