Engaged

With flowers in her hands and pain of separation in her heart, she walked down the gravel path. The weather was shivering cold. As she reached her destination, she looked down at the cold stone block, turned around and gently sat on it. Now she would wait for him to arrive. But she didn't have to wait for long. Soon enough, she found him sitting by her on the cold stone. "You came!" She said as she looked admiringly at his emerald green eyes with hers, tired and desperate." Do i have a choice than to be here every time u called?"   He smiled as he looked around. He spoke after a little while, " Although, I should be obliged that you are here. Despite all the beautiful places and people you could be with, you choose to be with someone like me." She smiled, more like pretended so and looked down at her engagement ring in her finger. She didn't say anything. She liked the silence and loved his presence. She knew there could be no time like this, no place so lovely and no company so fine. But he was too impatient to stay quite. He noticed the flowers and said,"Flowers! For me? But you stopped bringing them a long time back." She looked lazily at the white orchids she had brought and kept them on the stone between them. "Yeah! I did. I believe you haven't realised that it has been five complete years to the..." she paused and took a deep breathe and continued"...incident. So I thought I should take them, despite knowing that you think they are useless..." she looked at him mockingly and he looked at the ground and smiled. "Besides I have a lots of money and nothing and no one to spend it on, so, here ... flowers." They kept quite for sometime and admired the greenery and the sound of the rustling leaves misted by the chirping of the birds returning to their nests, engulfed in the beautiful colours of sunset, washed with the aura of ...LOVE.

She spoke finally breaking the silence,"Nathan" "Hm." "I am forced to think sometimes, if i were in the place you are and you were at mine, would you come to see me too, like I do ?" "I guess we will never know that." He whispered close to her ear. "Can't you answer that?" Her question was followed by a long pause. None of them spoke. "You know what Love, it is getting dark and I know how much you hate darkness and driving at night. You should go back home." He blinked his eyes assuringly at her. She shifted her gaze now which she had fixed at him as she waited for his answer. She smiled and said  " I am home", while she raised her left hand to keep it lovingly on his right cheek,but... instead, her hand landed on the grave stone that read, 'In The Loving Memory of Nathaniel Forbes.
(1989 to 2016)...
The Sweetest Son. The Best Brother. And The Finest Fiancée...'