Chapter 2: Clementine

I flew down the street on my old tarnished bike. It was too small, my dad had bought it for me 3 years ago. But I didn't want a new one. This bike held memories. The first time Tristan had kissed me: my bike was leaning against the side of my house. The time when my dad had told me what really happened to my mother: my bike was facing us, lying on the dirty bike trail. Oh, and the time I died. I was riding my bike. I should explain: I'm dead. After Tristan said goodbye to me on my birthday that night, I was hit by a car. Crash. Smack. No more Clementine. 

I remember everything going dark. I thought it the end of the line. Then I opened my eyes. All around me was grey. There was no floor, no walls, just a swirling grey mist all around me. I looked at myself. I was still wearing my floral t-shirt and my jean shorts. But they were misty and translucent. Was I a..ghost?  

I squinted my eyes and saw a gaping dark hole in the distance. I walked (actually I floated ) over to the hole. It was enormous, a swirling chasm leading to who knows where. There was a small wooden sign beside the hole. 

" If you wish to fix what was ruined, enter. If you wish to live out your afterlife, carry on"

I didn't exactly understand what that meant but I knew one thing: there are lots of things I need to fix. I clenched my teeth and floated into the hole and everything went dark again.