Chapter 1-Bad Reputation

• Dedicated to Ally Carter

The deafening ring of gunshots echoed off the walls, making me winch as Jett and I frantically ducked for cover. When he finally pulled me to safety, I held my back against the wall, cursing his stupidity and wondering how I ever let things go this far, as Jett charged his 32 Revolver. He gave me a curt nod before getting into a crouched position.

"I'm going in."

I smiled humorlessly, and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek."Try not to get yourself killed."

His eyes glistened with glee."Me? Die? Didn't they tell you, princess? I'm Jett Ryder." And with that, swerved around with a big bang.

 _________________________________________________________________________

Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun. -Ash, Army of Darkness

Authors note:

This is for all the Ally Carter fans out there, all the girls who love mysterious, sleek hot criminals and so on. Keep living life to the fullest, cause' you only live once. Be sure to fan or vote for more badassness!

*******************************

He spotted her almost instantly.

He recognized every face within a fifty mile radius, but her face was unfamiliar and foreign to him. He read her movements as easily as reading an open book; he was a natural at decoding people.

This was just too easy.

He observed the new girl from across the cafeteria with dark, watchful eyes and couldn't help but hide a smirk. She was just so naive, too predictable for her own good and most of all far too vulnerable. He loved those kinds of girls. What great fun, he chuckled with a shake of his head as he recalled the last one. What was her name again? Linda? Lulu?

He couldn't remember.

The new girl, who just moved in from Washington State was as pale as milk(like her skin had never seen the sun), hair as black as ebony that was twisted into a braid on her back, a cute little nose and bright green eyes like the color of a vast western plain. She's never been this far from home before, the farthest ever going was to the Washington city. Now, she was here. In this horrible, dry place called Rhode Island, that she was now expected to call home.

Too bad. She was going to have to get used to it.

He watched her through his tinted shades as she eyed the cafeteria and the people around her, with obvious disgust. He could tell she hated it here, he could tell she was holding a grudge against her parents, and that she missed her old friends. She probably wanted revenge, most likely going to do something stupid in the process just to tick off her daddy.

Even better. This was going to be easy, then.

The new girl took a seat at a table besides a rock-punk girl named Alice and a Brunette named Nina, who both motioned enthusiastically for her to come over. This, he took as his cue. He pushed away from the wall he was leaning on, uncrossed his arms and strolled happily along as a hundred curious eyes followed him. He basked in all their glory, as he glided by. He was enjoying this way too much and the mere thought made his lips curl. Girls gawked at him as he passed by, but he was used to it now.

His reputation wasn't exactly a secret.

"Hey ladies." He slid down his shades and peered down at the group of girls sitting at the table as they stared back at him in astonishment. He turned his attention to Nina, and set his elbows down on the table, totally at ease, smirking at how Nina was obviously not.