Chapter 2-Here Comes Trouble

BANG! BANG! BANG!

He smiled in a way that had nothing to do with happiness. “Hey, Princess. You’ve ever been in the middle of a mafia shootoff before?”

I bit back a aggravated scream. “This is not the right time to ask questions, Ryder.”

His smirk seemed to take a life of its own when he soothed. “And have you ever ticked off a Russian Mobster?" He whistled despite himself. "They sure know how to hold a grudge.”

“No!”

His eyes gleamed, feral and menacing. "Well, you're about to find out."

Jett jumped up from his post before I could figure out what was going on and shouted."Hey, Ugly! Over here! Come and get it!"

_______________________________________________

There’s gotta be a hundred reasons why I don’t blow you away. Right now I can’t think of one. — Nick Pulvovski, The Rookie 

Authors note: 

I take no responsibility for the following consequences of reading this book:

1) Glancing behind your shoulder every 5 minutes to check if someones trailing you.

2) Becoming suddenly alert when you hear the name Ryder.

3) Thinking a fictional character in this book is sexy.

4) Thinking you are weird because you think the one above.

Don't tell me I didn't warn you.

* * *

 ~Jett~

A wicked twinkle surfaced in his midnight black eyes as his gaze lingered on the back of her petty head. Princess was hunched over, furiously writing notes into her notebook with her Pen. Her tight braid was coming undone, but Jett didn’t dare say. She was bad in a way he didn’t know existed.

He had challenged her way of thinking. “You’ve ever dodged a Bullet?”

And she surprised him with her answer. “That’s impossible, you idiot.”

It wasn’t what she said; it wasn’t how she said it. It was who she had said it to that had sparked his interest. Not many people question Jett’s judgment. And not many people live to tell the tale. She had single-Handingly offended one of the world’s most feared freelancers without meaning to. Besides being called ‘idiot’ Jett was perfectly okay with it. He could have easily wrangled the breath out of her, and then made a hearty joke about it. He could have easily proved her wrong; after all he had a pistol on him. He could have led her away by aiming the gun at the back of her head to the Hideouts location.

He would have loved to see her scream.

But unlike his buddy Blaze, who was a merc with a mouth, Jett’s thoughts ran deeper. Although he shouldn’t have, he found himself asking: What if I introduced her to the team? Yeah sure, Harley with a Pole stuck up his Butt, would have ruined the fun, but who cared? Harley, Mr. Fatalistic, was going to have to get over it eventually.

Plus, he really liked Princess.

She seemed easy to scare, and her Naivety amused him. But there was a whole lot more going on with this girl than he had first assumed. He had underestimated Princess.  She had certain defiance in her eyes. He didn’t know how; he didn’t know why, but he found this even more appealing about her. Blaze was gonna love her, because as much as he hated to admit it, Blaze babbled people to death, unlike himself who just cracked jokes in the middle of a mission to lighten the mood. They didn’t call Blaze Steale Deadpool for nothing. Blaze was even more unbearable than himself.