Pilot

" you could definitely shag him though."
" I don't want too! I want my first time to be special Lukey" I replied, willing him to stop. I loved Luke dearly, and he had been my best friend for as long as I could remember, but he could be terribly irritating.
" nah, Mia it's legit just awkward, Alice laughed as I fumbled around with condom, there's nothing special about it! It's just filing a hole."
" I'll remind you of this on your wedding day yea?" I joked.
Luke shoved me a little as the bell rang. We headed off in separate directions from the common room as I had geography while he had economics.

Luke was the only constant feature in my life, the only thing i wanted to remember from  my past. His family took me in for a few weeks after it happened.

************************************************

Finally the day was finished! Luke met me at his car, ready to take me home as usual.
" we need to finalise this bear thing you want to do mia."
I sighed " I know it's just effort to go buy the bear, Rock Paper Scissors, loser has to buy it?"
" MI it's for charity!" Luke laughed as he started the car. I sighed again looking at the car park as Luke pulled out. Dan was there, with a girl I recognised from the year below. Why did he have to be so gorgeous? And so out of my league.

" stop drooling over him it makes me sick."
" what?" I said looking at Luke as I focused on the road.
" my brother! It's disgusting."
" Luke your brother is disgusting, AND he has a girlfriend you know I don't go for that."
" what do you go for then?" He said, his eyes drifting towards me briefly before back to the road.
" someone with brown hair, and brown eyes, tall athletic..." someone like Dan. Just dan...
" Mia you don't mean dan do you?"
"Course not!" I said laughing slightly. No one could ever know how I felt about dan, not even Luke. It was my secret, and my secret only. Especially after last summer.