•nine•

Reenacting the past.

Haley had no idea why she was sneaking into the tates house which was creepily behind an array of trees

She had no idea why her brother had yelled at her yesterday for not being available when they had found out something he thought as critical, and Haley thought as theatrical.

Could his subconscious be any more discrepant?

And she had no idea why the house was covered in rat traps.

"Is he trying to create ratatouille 2 or something." Haley muttered as she passed several teddy bears to her brother, who passed it to Scott.

Stiles shot Haley a glare as the brunette shrugged it off and chucked another toy his way. The twins silently argued for just over a minute through raised eyebrows and slitted eyes until Scott finally pulled them back.

"All I'm getting is some animal smell." Scott whispered, chucking the leftover toys carelessly to the ground.

Both twins turned to him, matching quizzical stares at the comment.

"What kind of animal?" Stiles questioned, awaiting the answer that should have been first on scotts mind.

"Like a werewolfy animal, a supernaturally bizarre animal?" Haley commented, her small fingers tightly wrapped around a clay horse.

Scott shook his head, his gaze falling to the floor as a low growl spluttered through the air.

"No. Dog." His voice was low as he answered, forcing all three to drop their gazes to the snarling beast glowering back at them.

Haley let out a small yelp as she quickly squeezed in between the two guys in the room.

"Hi, puppy." Stiles greeted like a five year old, ignoring the tugging on his sleeve as his sister gawked at the snarling animal.

Scott chuckled, looking down at the brunette as she slitted her eyes back at the dog.

"You seriously still scared of dogs after everything we've been through?" Scott asked her as she kept her gaze glued to the foaming rabid pet.

"Get rid of it." Haley ordered, her finger shakingly pointing down in its direction.

"Me?" Scott asked bewildered, his eyes wide and crooked jaw slacked.

"Yes you. Glow your eyes or something, be the alpha!" Haley nearly shouted, pushing the werwolf toward as a form of barrier.

"I can't. I don't have control." Scott hissed, waving his hands to exaggerate his point.

Stiles shushed him, shaking his head as the dog snarled again.

"Okay, buddy, you're going to have to try something." The twin brother noted, his hand outstretched in front of Haley.