11: Awkward Tension

>> Ethan

I was standing at the door waiting for Y/n to come downstairs and leave. She really took her time getting ready.. I wonder when she went to sleep last night. I was going to stay up with her until she fell asleep but I guess I was too tired and spaced out to realize I was going to sleep..

I heard the door open. Well, heard and saw.. I looked in the direction of the door and saw Pj standing there. He looked a little surprised to see me.

"Oh, Ethan. You're here a bit early aren't you?" He said, walking in and shutting the door.

"Um- yeah.. I guess so. I wasn't really keeping track of the time so I guess I just rushed here.." I said, trying to sound as innocent as possible.

"Why are you here anyways? I didn't think she told us to meet here today." He said.

"I could ask you the same question young man.." I said.

"But.. I'm older than you." He said back.

"Why are you here then?" I said, not responding to what he said.

"Oh, me? I was just here so I wouldn't have to walk to school by myself because some people are too mean to walk with me." He said.

"Whatever. I don't know when she's coming." I said.

Right as I said that, she came rushing down the stairs.

"Ethan where did you leave the blanket-" she stopped and gasped right as she saw Pj, slid down the last few steps, and in the process fell right on her ass.

When she got to the bottom of the stairs she stared blankly forward.

Pj, with his late reactions, knelt down to y/n looking like he was about to pass out from shock or something..

"Y/n are you okay!?" He shouted, grabbing her hand.

Red flushed across her face. She must have been really scared of almost giving me staying the night here away..

I struggled to hold in a laugh. I didn't want to seem rude.. I can wait.

Pj helped Y/n up and asked if she was okay again.

"We should go now before Y/n almost manages to cause her own death again." I said, reaching for the door.

We all walked out of the door and started to walk to school. Y/n's face was still really red. Was she still embarrassed by that? God damn..

I think Pj noticed too. He was staring at her a lot.

"Y/n, is something bothering you?" Pj asked.

Y/n looked back at him, looking really surprised by his question.

"N-No! I'm still just a little tired, is all.." she said.

Pj looked doubtful of that answer for a moment, then just nodded and turned his head back to the street.

This felt a little awkward yet I'm slightly interested. Maybe.. drama day? No, there's not a lot of drama that goes on between them.. maybe it'll be somewhat entertaining and not just plain awkward. Well, I think it's an even possibility.

I'm still sleepy..

>> you

I can't believe what has happened in the past twenty minutes. I still feel flushed.. Ugh, why do I have to be so clumsy? And my awkward response.. god, what is wrong with me?

Well, I guess there's nothing I can do about it now, but I still want to curl up in a ball and die more than I did before.

This walk feels like it's going to be a long one. And it already had it's awkward start. It's been like two minutes and no one has said anything. I feel awkward, more than I usually am.