Ellison High. Introduction

• Dedicated to Paulina Torrez

Ellison high

Intro.

Just like everyday, Edward walked to school with his head down. The closer he made it, the worst he felt inside.However, on this day it would be different for him.
Today was graduation. Everything would change. No more being tormented by his classmates, no more jokes on his way of life. Edward did not have a normal home. His mother was put away in a mental ward. His father was paralyzed from a car accident. He lived with his grandparents who did not do much but sit and take medications.

The teachers, students, and parents stood around in the auditorium, one student after another received their diplomas.
Edward opened the double doors to the auditorium. He quietly walked towards the stage. One by one people noticed and began to point.

Edward stood silent.

"Excuse me?" Said the schools Principal. "Shouldn't you be with your class?"

Edward did not answer. His teacher came over to him.

"Edward you're being very foolish. You're making a scene." His teacher scorned.

The students on the stage began to giggle.

"Lets go." The principal said, grabbing Edward by the arm.

Edward however did not budge. He lifted his head staring at the Principal.

"Have you lost your mind?" The principal asked.

The students continued to laugh. Edward looked towards them. When suddenly their graduation gowns were sparked with flames. The kids laughter soon turned to screams. The Principal looked back at Edward.

"You stay here." He shouted, while running to help the students.

Edward stayed.

Slowly glancing at everyone in the room, one after another they too were engulfed with flames. When they realized nothing could be done to put the fire out, they tried heading for the doors. His teacher who stood beside him watched in horror of what she saw Edward doing.

"Its you, you're doing this!" She shouted.

She began walking away from Edward. He grabbed her quickly.

"Stay." Edward whispered.

She tried to pull away.  

"Let me go." She pleaded.

"Why? You never cared." He told her.

"What are you talking about?" She cried.

"Them!" He shouted, pointing to the burning students.

The teachers arm and clothes began to catch fire. She stared at Edward with mercy in her eyes.  

"No, please. I didn't know it was this bad!" She shouted.

Edward didn't listen to her and she soon was in flames. She fell at his feet. Edward looked around the room. The walls were also now on fire.

Edward glanced down to his teacher who was still holding on to his leg. His leg was burning from the teachers flame, but he did not move. The complete auditorium was now burning down. Edward however, still did not move.