Confessions Of A Yes-Aholic

Mission: Don't you dare say yes, to anything....ever again...

Goal: Don't upset anybody in the process.

Tactics: The usual procrastination. Let's just wing it.

My problem? When I was in fifth grade, I had a huge problem with saying no to people, I always said yes, because it seemed like the right thing to do. But now, when I look back I realize how dumb my old self was. If I could go back in time, I would lock me up in a closet and keep her in there....forever............

Now, don't get me wrong, it's okay to say "yes," but the problem is saying it over-excessively. 

"Can I use your pencil?"      

"Yes." But return it back, or I’ll hunt you down.

"Can I borrow your phone?"    

"Yes." But don't swipe left and don't you dare swipe right, up or down.

"Can I kidnap you?"      

"Yes." But have me home before midnight or my mother will kill me.

See what the problem here is? You just continuously say yes and you don't even know what you're in for! When someone borrows your pencil, do you really think they're going to give it back? If you say yes, you're lying. The chances of you getting your pencil back are just as real as pigs flying, no offense. And when you let someone borrow your phone....do you really think they won't go through pictures, texts, social media, notes, email, EVERYTHING? Cause I can guarantee you that they will.

There was a time when I let a guy that I really liked borrow my phone.....he went through my pictures....I had a picture of him on there.....And no, it wasn't the kind of picture where yeah he knew I had it. It was the kind of picture that pointed out that I was a major stalker (but I’ll explain that some other time). 

Now, back on topic! I won't lie, I over exaggerated on the last yes-phrase. But that was practically me back in fifth grade. I said Y-E-S to everything. Someone once asked to punch me in the face and I said Y-E-S. I came home with a bloody nose that day, thanks to my 10-year-old self.

But through numerous punches and bloody noses, I learned how to say no. Okay, I definitely exaggerated this  last part.