Chapter 1, Part 3

Knowing I Have School Today, And That Today's Thursday, I Know My Dad Will Be Coming Today Since Last Time He Came; Was Two Weeks Ago. But I Have To Go And See People Oh No. *sigh* It's Currently 4:03 and I Have To Wait 'Till Its 6:30 For My Best Friend/ Sister, Ana, To Wake Up So She Can Call Me And Then We Both Meet Up At Rite-Aid And Then Walk To High School.

I Hear Voices Outside, About Three Men Outside I'm Sure. I Go Downstairs And Put My Boots On And Jacket. I Go To The Hallway; Which Is Where I Have To Go In Order To Go Outside. I Open The Curtain To See Who's There. I Gasped. It's My Dad, His Friend And Another Kid Who Looks A Bit Older Than Me, Talking In The Driveway. I Opened The Door And Headed Towards My Dad. He Looked At Me And Smiled. He said "Dani Aren't You Cold??" I Shook My Head "No". He Just Laughed And I Stood Staring At His Friend. My Dad Turns To Me And Says " Dani. This Is Nathan" And Pointed To The Kid Who Looked A Bit Older Than Me. He Stood Staring At Me. I Rolled My Eyes Without Him Noticing It. I Looked At My Dad, Motioning Him To Go On. He Continued "Nathan Is Neftali's Nephew" I Looked At Neftali And At Nathan. They Did Look Somewhat Related. "Nathan Just Came Here From Mayville. He's In The 9th Grade, Like You..." In My Head I Was thinking ' How Is that So? He Looks Like He Could Be In The 10th! What Did He Fail 9th Grade??' My Dad Went On " Nathan Brought His Schedule I Want You To Help Him Around The School, Show Him Around. It Might Help You Too Since School Basically Started." He Was Right. I'm Still Having A Bit Of Trouble Getting Around. I'm Still Getting Used To The High School Since Its So Big. Besides Its October, It's Been A Month. I Got Most Of It Down, Besides, I Am A Fast Learner. I Just Hope His Schedule Isn't Freakin Complicated.

My Dad Put His Arm Around Me And Asked If I Could Do it.. I Said Sure. He Smiled. He Said "I'll Let You Two Get To Know Each Other, Okay?" We Both Nodded Our Heads. My Dad And Neftali Went Inside The House, Leaving An Awkward Silence Between Me And Nathan.

He Randomly Bursted Out " So Um Hi" I replied "So, You Came From Mayville?" "Yeah, I Lived In Mayville For About 4 Years. I Lived Most Of My Life In Puerto Rico." I Was Kinda Thrilled, Another Spic Who Could Speak Fluent English Like Me. I Said "Thats Cool. How Old Are You? You Look Like You Could Be In The 10th Grade Not The 9th." He Smirked And Said "Haha Yeah I Get That A lot, It's Cuz Of How Tall I Am Right? By The Way I'm 15" "Wow, When's Your Birthday? And I Was Thinking More Like Because You Just Have A Sort Of Mature Face. That Probably Sounds Weird But Yeah" He Just Laughed At My Reply. "My Birthday's On October 23 How About Yours?" " Mines On November 8th, You're Older Than Me" He Was All Of Sudden Energetic And Said "Hah!" I Just Stook My Tongue Out At Him. He Smiled. He Started Looking At Me, Up And Down. I Rolled My Eyes, I Cleared My Throat And Said " May I Help You?" He Looked At My Face Quickly And Blushed And Then Said " Sorry, My Uncle Told Me You Looked Differently Than Right Now And I Can Tell Your Favorite Color Is Black" I Smirked. "Different How?" "Well For Starters, He Said You Were Short, He Said You Were Pretty, And That You Were Extremely Shy And Very Skinny....Lets Just Say He Made You Sound Like Some Type Of Doll"

I Started Blushing Extremely, And Smiled. "I Grew Obviously, And What Am I Ugly?? And Yeah I'm Skinny But I'm Also Kinda Fat. Taha"

"No! You're Not Ugly, I Think You're Beautiful And He Said You Were Pretty Which Meant Okay-Looking. So He Obviously Lied." He Was Blushing All Throughout Saying That.

I Covered My Hands With My Sleeves And Pulled Them To My Face To Hide My Smile.

"He Also Said You Had Braces?" I Took My Hands Away From My Mouth And Smiled So He Could See My Mouth. "I Got Them Off In August, Hehe" 

"Awe, I wanted To See Them" He Said While Laughing.

"NO. I Wouldn't Let You"

"Why Not??"

"I Thought I Looked Horrible With Them"

"Probably Not"

"Oh Yeah? I'll Show You A Picture Of Me With Them Then" I Pulled Out My IPhone It Was 5:26. I Unlocked It And Went To My Photos And Tried To Find A Decent Picture Of Me With Braces. I Finally Choose One And Showed Him It. He Grinned. "What?? I Look Horrible Right?" I Said Expecting Him To Say Yeah. He Just Shook His Head And Said "Nah You Look Old School" Which Was Actually A Compliment....

~Hey, Please Keep Reading, Let Me Know How The Story Is. Lol I'm Just Writing It As I Go Along"

~Please Rate And Comment, Thanks:)~