Uther's return pt.2

Claire's pov

I felt as my eyelids fluttered open - I was in Gaius's and Merlin's chambers. I looked around as I started coughing. I then remembered what happened the night before. "Mother, where is she?! Mother!", I started to panic, and then I saw Father stand in front of me. His eyes were once again full of sympathy. He came up to me, sat down on the bed and pulled me in for a hug. "Hey, hey, you are okay, Gwen's okay. She will be fine, you will be fine", I felt how I started to calm down. I looked up at him, still clinging to his arm which was covered in his signature red jacket.

"Did I save her?", he nodded and smiled at me. "Of course you did", I smiled at him as I breathed out in relief. "Where is she?", he started to stroke my hair. "She is fine, she woke up right before you - she is in our chambers, resting", I tried to sit up but started coughing immediately.

"I need to see her, I need to see that she is okay with my own eyes", I felt as he pushed me back onto the small bed. I tried to fight against him but it was to no use. "You need to rest! Your mother is fine, Claire, I can assure you of that", I looked at him. Somehow I was still unconvinced.

I looked deep into his eyes to see that he was not only hiding something, he was scared. "What are you so scared of?", I asked. He tried to laugh to shake it off but failed. "What? Scared? Me?!", he was still showing that he was scared.

I looked at him seriously as I talked, "You think that it was him". He looked at me, showing how frightened he was. "Who?", I gave him a look. "It's alright, I know what happened - I went and talked to Gaius and Merlin earlier", he ran his hand through his hair as he exhaled. I placed my hand on his shoulder as I looked at him. "Please... if you could get Merlin or Gaius to give me a tonic to get me back on my feet, why not go to their chambers after, together, to see if they can help us with Uther?". Father nodded at me, before going to fetch Gaius. 

-----

" You have to swallow this liquid to be able to see Uther, then the one who summoned the spirit must be the one to blow the horn. Once that is done he should be back on the other side", Gaius explained to us as he sat down by a table that stood in the centre of the room. There stood small bottles that contained a green liquid in front of us. It was supposed to make us see Uther. I had now changed into a golden and blue dress.

 I had now changed into a golden and blue dress

"Okay - is this potion safe?", said Father. Gaius made a face that I assumed meant 'No!'. I looked at Father who sighed and held the potion in his hand, Merlin and I followed his actions. He then gave Merlin a look. "On three", he nodded as he counted down.

Once they reached number three Father didn't even take the potion. Merlin looked at him questionably. "Didn't you say that we were going to take it on three?", "Well, you are testing it for me". "So if I'm not dead, then you take it?", "Precisely". I rolled my eyes at the two of them before I took the potion and downed it. It was the most horrid thing that I had ever tasted. I grimaced as I looked in front of me to see the pair looking stunned, I just shrugged.

I just smiled at them, "I feel fine". Father gave me a stern look, "What if you hadn't?!", I just shrugged as I motioned for them to take their shots. Merlin took his first and he seemed to hate the taste just as much as I did, then Father took his after Merlin. He grimaced, "That is the worst thing that I have ever tasted!", Merlin and I giggled. "Did I forget to mention that?", said Merlin as we laughed together while my father glared at us.

-----------

I walked around the castle together with Merlin. Father had taken off on his own after Percival had gotten attacked in the armoury. Merlin held my small hand in a tight grasp as he opened the door to the armoury where Percival had been attacked. As it creeked open Merlin chanted, "Beham Burne". Suddenly the torches lit up and every detail in the room was clear.

We walked in the corridor, I flinched a little when I heard the sound of metal clasping against something. I looked down and saw that it was nothing but a weapon that swung against a blue and yellow shield. Once Merlin had bent down and stopped it from making any more sounds I felt a gust of wind coming towards us.

Then, suddenly two spears came soaring towards us. Merlin pushed me out of the way before they could hit me, but instead, they got stuck just below his armpits - fastening his jacket to the wall.

I tried to get him loose but the spears sat through the wall. Then I heard footsteps behind me, I turned around to see Uther walking towards us. His face was white as a sheet and his clothing did not hide the fact that he was a deceased king.

He pointed his sword towards Merlin's chest as the pair looked at one another with pure hatred. "It will give me great pleasure killing you" Before he could run Merlin through I jumped in front of him and protected him with my own body.

"Get out of the way, child", "No, you will not touch him as long as I'm alive", he grinned at me. "I'm afraid that his death shall be very soon then", I stood with my head held high as he was about to run me through. He almost looked pleased.

"Father!", I breathed out in relief as I heard the familiar sound of my Father's voice coming from the doorway. Uther turned around to face him, I saw how his whole body softened while looking at him. "Arthur...", Father held up the horn in the air and looked at Uther with tears threatening to leave his eyes.

"After all I have done for Camelot", said Uther. "Your time has passed", says Arthur before blowing the horn. "Merlin has...", then he disappeared into thin air. I breathed out in relief as I looked at my saddened father. I ran up to him and hugged him tightly.

"You will be okay Father, you will be okay", he held me close and kissed me on the forehead as I felt a tear land on my shoulder. There was one thing that I was sure of after that, my father was a much better king than Uther could ever have been.