You Can Call Me Becca

I walked down the hallways the rest of the day with people staring at me like was either a diamond, or a piece of trash. I put my books in my locker and was about to walk to class when I noticed someone standing by my locker.

"Yes?" I asked him.

"So, you're Zaria." He smiled and his teeth just about made me go blind.

"Yes. Can I help you?" I asked looking him over. He was obviously a jock.

"I'm Michael. I was wondering if you wanted to sit with me at lunch." I just about scoffed at him, but shut my mouth and smiled.

"I'm busy." I said making sure he got the point that I was not interested. "I gotta get to class. See you later?" I asked in an attempt to ditch him.

"Yeah. See you later." He gave me a wink, and then walked over to where the cheerleaders were standing. They all swooned. Ugh. Get a life!

After waiting for a few minutes for the group, I decided to text them.

Zaria Taylor
Where are you guys?

Ally Moss
Just leaving my house

Claire Moor
I can't meet you this morning.

I turned around only to be met with Caden. I jumped a little.

He laughed at my reaction. "Well, hello to you to."

"Hi." I said. "Where's Claire?" I asked scanning the hallway.

"Uh. She might not be here for a while..." he looked to the ground.

"What happened?" I asked pushing him against a locker.

"Woah.... I didn't do anything to her... She told me not to tell you." He shrugged moving out of my reach.

"Oh, come on! Since when do you listen to Claire?" I asked.

"I know it'll hurt you if I tell you." He said.

"Just tell me! I can take it." I replied flexing my arms. He laughed at my lack of strength.

"Are you still mad at Luke?" He asked.

"Well, yeah. Of course! He just ruined my life." I said crossing my arms.

"Well then, you can't handle it." He said turning away.

"Please!" I begged him.

"No."

"Please!"

"No."

"Please!"

"No. Go to class." He said turning me around so I wouldn't follow him.

"Fine." I muttered hurrying towards my class so I cold get there before the bell rang.

"Hey, cutie." I recognized the voice. I turned towards it and saw Michael hooking up with Ally. She looked at him obviously disgusted.

"Ew. Go away." She said. She turned around, saw me and ran to my side. "Player on the lose." She said.

"Yeah, so? Play him!" I cheered as quietly as I could. Ally thought for a moment.