Part 2

Miss Waters re-told the whole story, about tragic deaths and a powerful haunting over tea in her living room. It was a pleasant little room really, it had a very friendly feel. Sadly, the haunting was not here. It was in the attic.

'I understand that your sister-in-law died here two years ago and that nothing has happened so far.' Lockwood clarified.                                                                                                                                                      'Until now.' Miss Waters replied.' I'll have you know I am a scared out of my wits.'                                   'Rightly so.' Lockwood went on,' We will be starting work prior to the arrival of your cab. We should be done by the morning.

Miss Waters thanked us, and left to catch her cab.

***

We did the usual assessments around the house, picking up any physic sensations and recording them, doing temp regulations. Like I said, the usual. We didn't pick any unusual business up until we got to the door leading to the attic.

I wouldn't do it

It was skull. I rolled my eyes. As if I don't know the dangers.I kicked my backpack with my foot.

'As if I care. I know that's where the physic activity is. You couldn't tell me what? Or where exactly? Or anything useful for that matter?' I reply.

No

' You wretched excuse for a skull! You are a piece of filth, you know that! You're a-'

I stop. Everyone's looking at me. I blush slightly. I forget they can't hear him.

'Sorry.' I mumble.

***

We continue up to the attic, rapier in hands. 

' We proceed with caution. Anything could be up here.' Lockwood said.

I wish he didn't say that. Because the second the words leave his mouth, things begin to stir.