Sacrifice

"Run Damon! Please! Save yourself," Bonnie cried as the enchantress sang her spell.  Bonnie was tied up, the enchantress trying to drain her power for herself.

"Do it for her! Do it for Elena! Escape while you  still can!

"I'm not leaving you Bonnie!" Damon let out a tear, "You are the only person that stood by me through every bad decision. I'm not loosing you again."

"Damon, I don't have much.... power left. So trust me this is gonna hurt me a whole lot more than you, I'm sorry. Motus!"

Damon flew across the room smashing into the oak doors, the doors bursting from behind him. The doors slammed and he heard the ear curdling sound of his friend screaming fom the other side of the doors.

*************************

Jeremy, Stefan, Caroline, Matt,  Josie, Lizzie, and Alaric all gathered around the old stump in the woods where they had Bonnie's last memorial. It was a foggy afternoon the world weeping with them. Shedding only a few tears of light. Damon emerged from the fog hand in hand with Elena. Elena's eye whites stained red, cheeks red. Elena escaped from Damon running to the stump. Damon stood in front of the stump, the few specks of light shining on his tux.

"We all gather here today to say goodbye to Bonnie. Bonnie was always there for us. She had our back. On multiple occasions she sacrificed  her happiness for all of us. Bonnie was born a Bennett and died a Salvatore. She remains a Bennett in her soul, but Salvatore shines in her heart. That is why You and I all have worked so hard to make a new crypt for where her coffin lay. 'Heroes of Mystic Falls' in honor of Bonnie Bennett-Salvatore."

Damon stood by Elena as he watched Caroline walk up behind the stump.

"This is for you Bonnie.

It's been a long day without you, my friend And I'll tell you all about it when I see you again we've come a long way. Oh, I'll tell you all about it when I see you again when I see you again"

Caroline stood by Stefan hugging him from the side. Jeremy walked up to the stump and laid an arrow tip from his crossbow to honor Bonnie's courage. Damon sat down the half drunk suicide bourbon from the days when Bonnie and him were trapped in the prison world, and sat it on the stump. Elena sat down Bonnie's very first journal entry from when Elena was in the coma. Stefan walked to her coffin opening it, seeing her pale dead skin. He clasped the necklace that Enzo gave her around her neck softly. He shut the coffin and backed up. Caroline sat her very first scrapbook about Bonnie she made in third grade on the stump. Matt laid a small metal bell on the stump to symbolize their families history. Lizzie and Josie said "Goodbye auntie Bonnie" sadly and turned around burying their tiny faces in Caroline's fur overcoat, staining it with tears.

Goodbye Bonnie Bennett.

And may Damon forever last in your heart,

as a friend but mostly,

family