Chapter Six

Before I can stop myself, I scream the first name that pops into my head, in hopes that he can hear me on the other side of the bar.

"HARRY!"

I feel the guy press harder on me. His left hand continues to move up my dress, and he is close to reaching my underwear. My breath quickens.

"Be quiet. NOW." He says to me as he puts his left hand over my breast. He squeezes, sending chills up my back. As I try to push him away, I feel a warm liquid on my cheeks, and I realize that I am crying.

"Stop please, you're hurting me." I plead, but he doesn't stop.

As I feel him push my underwear to the side. I see Harry coming up behind my attacker.

"GET THE FUCK OFF OF HER NOW!" He says, and rips the guy off of me. I notice Harry's solid 6-inch height over the short guy as he slams the man against the wall. I try to stop crying, but my emotions are completely out of control. I slump to the floor and watch Harry throw a right hook at the man, who topples over. Harry continues to punch him until he notices me sitting in the corner. He runs over to me.

"Zoey, I'm so sorry I wasn't here sooner. Are you okay? Let me take you home." He says with a concerned look. He helps me up and puts his arm around my waist as he lead me out of the bar. I try to compose myself, since I am beginning to get stares.

Rebecca and Matt walk up to us. "OH my GOD. What the hell happened?" She looks at me, and then Harry. "I swear to God Harry if you hurt her..."

He stops her before she can finish. "No of course not, some guy in the hallway was-" he stops and looks at me. "I'm going to take her home, she can tell you about it later."

Rebecca shoots me a worried glance. "Do you want me to take you home, Zo?"

I look at Harry, and all I can think about is how he saved me, not once, but now twice on two different occasions. "No, Harry can take me." I say between quick breaths.

He puts his arm around me again to lead me out of the bar. "She'll talk to you later, don't worry." He says to Rebecca. As we reach the door, a tear rolls down my cheek and I shiver. Without a word, Harry takes off his jacket and wraps it around me. He leads me to a black mustang with tinted windows, and he opens the door for me.

As we drive down the narrow road, I compose myself. I stay away from the mirrors in fear of my reflection; I can only imagine the mascara lines down my face and lipstick smeared. I glance at Harry. His jaw is clenched, revealing his defined jawline and veins in his neck. I want to thank him, but I don't even know how to begin.

"Harry, I-" I say, as he cuts me off.

"Zoey, you don't have to say anything. I just want to make sure you're alright. Do you want to talk about what happened?" He looks towards me as he stops at a red light.

I look down and pick at my nail. "I was just coming out of the bathroom and he... I...he just."

Harry grabs the hand I am picking at. "It's okay, you don't have to. Is your apartment on this street or the next one over?" He asks.

"The next." I say, as we continue the drive in silence.

When we arrive, Harry opens his door and walks to my side of the car. I can't help but think when the last time was someone opened the car door for me to get out, and realize it must have been a long time. He grabs my hand and leads me to the apartment door.

"Can I walk you up? I want to make sure you're okay." He says. And I know that is his only intention, so I allow him to come upstairs. I quickly change, and find him sitting on the couch with two glasses of milk and some Oreo cookies.