Chapter I:

Chapter I:

Blow Us All Away

This chapter has some repetition from the actual story but bare with me.

Here we go again...

Alexander looked Theo right in the eyes. He lowered his voice to a whisper. "Did he tell you or did you find out yourself?" By the look on Theo's face, Alexander had known the answer. "Don't yell. Eliza doesn't know." Theo shuttered slightly. Eliza didn't know, and Alexander had just confirmed it. The duel was real.

   Alexander stepped out of the way and Theo rushed up the stairs, knocking on Philip's door as soon as she got upstairs. Philip heard, but didn't move from his bed. "Philip." Theo said loudly. She lowered her voice. "Open the damn door."

Philip got up from his bed and swallowed hard before opening the door. The look on her face was clear. She knew. She welcomed herself into his bedroom and Philip was quick to shut the door. He expected yelling.

But Theo didn't yell, not just yet. "Please tell me this is a joke." She said in a cracking voice. Theo was already on the verse of tears. "You are not going to a duel today, right?" She asked, her hands shaking.

   Philip stayed silent. Theo grabbed onto Philip's bed frame, steadying herself. Without it, she thought she would collapse. She let tears slip from her eyes, but she didn't sob. She stood there, looking right at him. "Theo—"

   "There's no shame in backing down, Philip." She said with a tremor. "You're nineteen dueling a man double your age. There's no shame in that." She told him, gripping the bedpost harder with her hand. Theo was so close to falling and bursting into sobs.

Philip stepped closer but Theo moved away. She was angry with him for not thinking. "Theo, love, please."

"No." She told him. "I beg you, I beg you. Please, don't do this." Theo pleaded. The sound of her begs was tearing Philip's heart to shreds. "You don't have to prove anything to anyone. Just let it go, let it slide right by." Then she slipped. Theo collapsed on the floor and Philip rushed to her. "Please." She begged. Theo couldn't bare the thought of losing him. She had already lost her mother, she couldn't lose him.

   Philip took her face in his hands gently, wiping her tears from her cheeks. "I have to defend my father's honor." He said softly. Theo shook her head, refusing to accept his answer.

   "You're father is a grown ass man." Theo spat, not bothered to excuse her language. "He can defend his own honor."

Philip was in the verge of tears himself. "It's not that simple. If I back out, he'll think I'm a coward." He hated that he was putting her through so much pain.

"Who cares what he thinks?" She shot back. "Nobody cares what his opinion of you is. All I care about is you being here, safe. I love you." She said softly. "If you love me, you won't do this."

"I do love you." Philip reassured her, caressing her wet cheeks. Tears were still running down her cheeks.

"Then you'll back down." Her tears were still running, but she was angry. "I love you, but you're acting like an idiot. Please don't do this."

Philip sighed, dropping his hands down from Theo's cheeks. Theo was practically staring into his soul, waiting for what he had to say. "Okay."

Theo's eyes grew wider. "Okay?" She asked with a crack in her voice. He nodded. Theo threw her arms around his neck, hugging him tightly and sobbing into his shoulder in relief.

Philip slid his arms around Theo's waist, holding her tightly in his arms. "Shhh, love." He whispered in a soothing voice. "It's okay, I'm not going anywhere. I'm right here."

   Theo loosed her grip and looked into Philip's golden-green eyes. "I will never be able to thank you enough for this. Ever." Her voice still had tremors, but it was clearing up.

   "Spend the rest of your life with me. That would be enough." They both smiled at each other and Theo nodded in agreement. "I love you, my beautiful Theodosia. Never doubt that."

   "I love you too." She said softly. Philip leaned in, placing a gentle kiss upon Theo's lips.

   "Are you okay?" He asked, tucking a few strands of Theo's hair behind her ears.

   "I am now." Philip placed a kiss on the girl's forehead, which caused a blush to spread across her cheeks. "Two weeks."

   "Two weeks, my love."

—————
It's good to be back with my favorite characters and my favorite plot. I hope you guys enjoyed that! More to come! Thank you for joining me once more!