Chapter 1

Twelve months ago, Jack Wilder, Henley Reeves, Courtney Rakasha, Merritt McKinney, J. Daniel Atlas, and I met FBI agent Dylan Rhodes at the Central Park Carousel after we completed a series of very illegal things. The man who had vowed to "nail us" was on our side all along.

We were one big happy family. Jack and Courtney were living together as a happy couple, despite Jack being "dead," Daniel and I were living happily together and falling in love more and more each day, and Henley and Merritt also received their own apartments, courtesy of The Eye, a group of magicians out to expose the world's REAL bad guys. Like Arthur Tressler, our previous benefactor. He scammed millions of people and stole their money. Not only did we expose him in New Orleans, but we also gave all of his money away, leaving him only with his private jet.

Everything was golden. Or so it seemed.

About two months ago, Henley packed her bags and left The Eye, leaving only her tarot card, The High Priestess for us to tell us that she had gone. Of course, I knew before she left. She had texted me, saying that she was growing too impatient with The Eye, and Dylan. Did I try and talk her out of leaving? Of course I did, but she wouldn't listen. Did I tell the other Horsemen about her plan before she left? Hell no. It's her life, she can live it how she chooses, and we can't dictate that. We couldn't force her to stay, that's just wrong.

After she left, the bliss in my relationship with Danny started disappearing. He started getting a bit more on edge, and even worse, he started going places. Where, I don't know. He always said that he was going to talk to Merritt, or Jack and Courtney, but that was never the case. They would normally call me whenever Danny said he would be there, and he was never there. I had suspicions. The worse one was that he was cheating. For all of those that don't know, every boyfriend I've had has either, used, abused, or cheated on me. So if Danny was cheating...I don't know what I would've done.

This day was like most others. I awoke in Danny's warm arms. "Morning," he whispered. 

I groaned. "Morning."

He kissed me on the forehead. "I'm gonna go see Jack and Merritt a little later, just an FYI."

Liar, but I just played along like I did every day. "Okay. What time is it?"

"Nine twenty four. I'm going to leave in about an hour and a half."

I nodded into his chest. "Alright."

"You hungry?"

"You know it."

"Leftover pizza?"

"Sounds wonderful." 

"I'll reheat the pizza if you get coffee ready."

"Deal."

Danny got out of bed, and put his clothes on. I reached over the bed and grabbed the huge-ass sweatshirt I found at Kohl's and my pajama shorts. I put them on and walked into the main living area. I started setting up the coffee machine while Danny pulled the leftover pizza from last night, and started heating it up.

After breakfast, I got in the shower and Danny cleaned up and got dressed to go out. I was in the water for about ten minutes, and changed into a pair of yoga pants and a My Chemical Romance t-shirt. I put my dyed red hair into a ponytail, and put on my moccasins. Once I left the bathroom, Danny was putting on his shoes. "Bye, you," I said, as I threw my clothes into the bedroom, and walked over to Danny.

"Bye," he said, meeting me halfway, and he pulled me into a kiss. I slid my arms around his neck, and ruffled his long dark brown hair between my fingers.