Chapter 2 - The Start

Every story has a beginning, middle, and end.

So it is only appropriate that I start at the beginning.

A year ago we met, February 10, 2016

I woke normally and casually,

Meaning I was late and rushing like always.

I had a usual day,

involving hanging out with friends and thinking how I would save my class if a shooter came in.

A kick to the knees causing him to bend, a kick to the face which will catch him off guard, grab his gun and shoot his leg so I injure him but he won't die and then the police come and arrest him and I become the hero at my school. YESSS!!!

Then I am snapped back to my reality by my best friend Sandy, the only other junior besides me who was stupid enough to take AP Biology, a class full of nerdy seniors. What can I say? We love a challenge but then end up regretting it.

Anyways, our AP Bio teacher is talking about some stuff, I don't know what, maybe that's why I have a C in the class.

It's finally after school, yayyyy, oh wait I have an after school class.

My "let's do this, it'll be a challenge" mindset led both sandy and I into an extra after school we didn't even have to take. YAYYY!!! More misery opps I meant more classes!!

We sit down, forced to be in separate groups since we joined the class late.

Luckily, the teacher knows me, there's 10 people in the class and it's an easy A.

As I settle in, I observe people around me. A nerdy but nice girl, a wanna - be gangster but sensitive friend, a "I'm doing this because I need credits but I'm too cool for this" girl, a super tall kid, and two shy girls sitting in their own little table, and then I noticed you.

If I was a better writer, I would explain how the sun rays touched your dark brown eyes making them turn a caramel color, how your messy hair covered your large forehead, how your soft, rosy lips made all the red roses in the world seem bland and simple. How I couldn't stop staring at your eyes because they were captivating.

How all at once, I snapped out of it because you turned away and started working on the project not talking to anyone else.

It's a group project, where's the collaboration guys??

Our eyes meet every once in a while and we both look away as if it's the most normal thing ever.

Class ends at 6:30, 3 hours of class and I still don't know this mean boy's name.

"I dare you to ask him for a picture" Sandy says and I accept because your girl likes a challenge. Good going, brain.

As you walk away to get your bike, I wait for the next time we meet because I want a picture with you.

Authors note: Important detail!!! This class is medical terminology class, the characters are high school juniors right now and except for the main character (name will not be revealed yet) and her friend Sandy,everyone else goes to a different school. The class is only twice a week. Mondays and Wednesdays!!! The class started in January but our main character didn't join till February and ends in May. A love that has to brew against time constraints. Happy reading!!! Also who doesn't daydream about saving their class and becoming a hero ;)