[23]

As you know, my computer was broken and I've got it back on Friday....

I'm really sorry about the delay but thank you all (the readers on Wattpad and the MIW fanfiction web) for the votes and comments, I really appreciate that.

I won't stutter anymore so enjoy this chapter!

~~~

Welcome to Seattle-Tacoma.

Dragging behind my little suitcase, searching for my parents in the crowd of the airport. Last time I saw this sign was five years ago when my grandma died and my parents and I wasn't in speaking terms. I had a special place for this city in my heart (note the sarcasm).

I haven't packed much, just the essentials. Inside my head I still had my doubts about traveling back home. My mom begged, cried and shouted at me; making such a big deal of Christmas. I haven't been at home for years so why the hell I needed back in Seattle. The 8 hours flight gave me, more than enough time for speculation; someone else died, abbey is pregnant, my dad has the cancer! Even thinking about that made my stomach clench.

The airport was full; some people came back home, some left the city. I wish I were the letter. Seattle always brought painful memories that I needed to suppress far away in the dark pits of my head. The only thing that made me more confident about going back here was the fact that Ricky's parents lives 20 minutes away and even if he came back to Seattle my chances to meet with him are zero, since I was planning to chill inside my old room or the couch at the living room.

"Sabrina! Sabrina! SABRINA" the nagging voice of my mom spread over the big room, echoing and catching the attention of other travelers. Mentally face palming I retreat from behind the people whom covered me. My mom looks good, happiness written all over her face, while my dad walks slightly behind yet close to my mother. Dad looks older than I remembered, white and grey strands patching his once dirty blonde hair. Mom and her curly hair bounce all together, a huge grin on her round face. The resemblance was quite shocking between her and me; even the position of the freckles that I covered with makeup. However, my mother always looked graceful and elegant, walking like she own the world.

"My sweet baby!" Her cries caused some people smile with excitement, smiling warmly at the family reunion. Dad walked awkwardly behind, a little smile gracing his lips. Before I could say a word, she engulfed me in her embrace, squeezing the air out of my lungs.

"I missed you so much! You look so good!" While mom was crying on my shoulder, I glanced over to my dad, smiling widely. "Hey baby girl, you look wonderful..." His words made me realize how much they love me and soon, the fake smile replaced with a toothy grin. Until that moment, I never thought I could miss my family, mentally thanking my sister for this.

"Let's go, I made your favorite dish" saliva filled my mouth while eagerly shaking my head in agreement.

~•~•~•~

It has been a long time since I ate so much food, surrounded by family moreover. The content smile never left my mother's face while she watched her family around the the table. Grandpa examined the tattoos on my knuckles comparing his to mine, and grumbling about my dad being a blank canvas.

"Abbey told me that you'd be on an album cover! How exciting!" Mom and her mom gushed and giggled like two teens, filled with proud and happiness.

"Yeah, it was nice that Chris asked me to do that..." Dad smile at his mention, he truly liked him. Apparently, my father used to be a drummer too who swept my mom of her feet, falling in love until today.

"Chris is such a good guy! I really like him..." Mom had a special place for him too, since he liked to eat my mom's food when he came over. They all thought Chris and I had a Platonic relationship, but I think they figured out that we dated for some time and broke things off.

Watching my family all happy made me feel like I did the right decision coming to here. I couldn't wait for the lazy laying around and spending time with them, even buying presents and celebrating New Years.

"Bree, mom and dad made reservations at your favorite restaurant for lunch! Sounds fun, don't you think?" Abbey grinned at me, cuddling further into her husband's embrace. Everyone exchanged knowing looks, making me suspicious about their actions but I shrugged it off and continued enjoying the positive atmosphere.

~•~•~•~

I wore my nice black skater dress with warm knee-high boots to make impression on any person I know who might stumble across our way. Since only my parents and sister came, I decided to relax with the makeup and brush some mascara and fill my eyebrows, give some color to my fair skin. My hair was in complete and utter mess so a messy bun will be enough.

Abbey peeked through my door, a huge smile spread across her lips.

"You look amazing! I hope that every man we stumble upon us will drool like an idiot!" Both laughing I thanked her.

When both my mom and sister were ready, the four of us climbed into the car. They all looked giddy and anxious about something but now I decided to ignore them and watch the changes in the city since my last visit.

Soon enough, dad parked at 'Chambers', my favorite family restaurant we went on every birthday and anniversary celebration. When we entered, the inside still looked the same; red colored curtains, making the place more intimate and alluring to the costumers, surrounded every table. The tablecloths checkered in red, white, and dark wood chairs around it. The memories of every time I was here flooded my brain, making me oblivious to my surroundings.

My parents walked to the most far and biggest table available. They smile to the people inside, greeting them with hugs, kisses and handshakes. The color drained from my face the moment I realize who they are- Mr. and Mrs. Olson. Heart beat quickening, beating like crazy.

Is he here?

Is it possible?

My feet like roots, stuck in one place, waiting for whatever will happen. In addition, as I dreaded, Ricky stands up from the farthest seat, watching me with awe in his eyes. We both shocked, wondering how this could happen. Eyes welling up with tears, my head torn between reaching out for his extended hand and running away. Ricky step closer, shaking his head with disbelief.

"S-Sabrina..." I do the only reasonable thing every confused human do- I ran.