Chapters 7-9

Chapter 7 Indigo

The steam fogs the room as I fill the tub. I haven't soaked in the bath since living at home with my parents; it's just what I need. Finlay's bathroom is kick ass. It boasts a huge corner bath and a walk in shower that could easily fit six people in. Six Finlay's—oh, God.

Seeing Gaby entwined with Mike makes me miss being in a relationship. I long for someone to get close to. God, they looked hot together, all naked and wet and consumed with each other. Were James and me ever that lustful for each other?

My thought flit back to the text from Brad, he's keen to take me on a date. He appears well put together and unlike Gavin serious about getting together. He works a lot though and keeps long hours, and also not only friends with Finlay but works for him also. They've been friends since high school and I worry that going on a date with Brad will be spent with me wanting to know everything about Finlay. Damn, why can't I just forget about him? There's nothing between us but my own lust mixed with irritation, feeling a pulse of feverish electric whenever he's around is just hormones. Right?

Things with James never felt so charged. We met in school and were friends before we started dating, so being with him was natural and easy. We'd been together for nearly two years. We had planned for our first time together to be the weekend my parents were going out of town for my dad's birthday, but that was when it all took place—shattering my life, leaving me broken. We never got past it. He couldn't forgive himself even though I never blamed him for what happened. He blamed himself for not getting to me in time. And from that day my life was fucked. Shaking my head to clear the memories, I test the temperature of the water and sigh. The hot water fills the tub, as I peel the layers of clothing from my skin. Grabbing my iPod, I plug in my earphones, and then rest my iPod on the corner of the bath before turning off the taps and stepping into the warm liquid. The oils I used in the water feel like silk draping over my flesh, gently teasing it. My face heats as I recall what it felt like to be touched by James, the images burn in my mind.

Before it all turned to shit, we were very sexual. We had passed all the bases except home, but that was more because of him than me. I was more than ready, but he'd had a bad experience with a girl who cried halfway through and it made him feel like a rapist. He always wanted to wait until I was over eighteen and one hundred percent ready, so I indulged him, knowing it would be worth the wait.

James had amazing hands—gentle, loving. He was also a good kisser and always made me feel loved and cherished. But not sexy like the way Finlay's eyes devour me. He was my first love. I still love him, and probably always will. Love fades. Wanting to feel loved is natural, wanting to be ached for is also natural and I want to feel that again. I'm so lonely.

Sorrow washes through me at that realization. Images of James, Brad...Finlay all filters through my mind.

My favorite song by Pink plays through my earphones soothing me as I lay back and close my eyes, enjoying the feeling of the water lapping over my now hard nipples. A dull ache begins to throb between my thighs and my hands slide over my body, stroking my soft, wet skin.

Heat sparks in my pussy and my hands move down to touch myself where the ache is building. My lips part as my breathing increases. My hips buck slowly to meet the strumming of my fingers. My body sways, making the water lap faster over my breasts. I bring one hand up to tease my nipple while the other strokes gentle circles over my clit, making my breath catch when the heat manifests low in my stomach and pleasure zaps through my body tightening, coiling with anticipation. I'm right there, chasing my orgasm, and I'm about to topple over into a blissful climax, gushing sounds buzzes in the background of my music, startling me. Opening my eyes, the room expands and then closes in around me. Finlay wearing only his boxer briefs, stands there, watching me.