Chapter 1

My name is Christiania Anderson, but you can call me Anna. I am the daughter of the Beta of the Red Moon pack. My best friend, Nova, is the daughter the Alpha of our pack. I am seventeen years old and I don't have a mate.I push my brown, curly hair out of my eyes and put it into a messy bun. 

I tap my fingers on my desk and finish typing my essay. My tutor, Jon, sits at his desk snoozing, his salt and pepper head leaning in his hand. I slowly step up from my desk and sneak out the door. I close it gently behind me just as the Alpha'a son, Carter, turns around the corner. "Tsk, tsk. Good girls shouldn't be sneaking out of their classrooms with unsuspecting teachers dozing off on their desks. What brings you outside the prison?" He smirks. I playfully punch his shoulder and grin. Carter's not much older than I am, only by a couple of months. 

He pushes his platinum blonde hair away from his face and mocks pain from where I hit him. "And you, dearest Carter. What brings you from your beckoning Alpha-in-training lessons? Good thing we have each other to sneak away with." He winks at me and we both walk up the stairs of the Primary Pack House, where the Alpha's and Beta's families live and meet Nova in the kitchen.

She sits at the bar reading a book. Carter and I glance at each other and nod. We both slowly creep behind her and stop when Nova whirls around in her swivel chair. "Nope. Not happening. I'm not about to be scared again by my best friend and ridiculous twin brother. Anna, what happened to tutoring? Lemme guess, Humphrie's catching some zzz's?" Nova giggles, referring to our old tutor. We all stop once we feel the familiar invading feeling of the pack bond. "Beta and Gamma, make preparations for Alpha Neko of the Black Night pack. He and his beta will be arriving shortly." Luna Hannah mind-links the whole pack. Nova and I share a look that is a mix between fear and excitement, meanwhile Carter looks like he's about to have a seizure. 

"Carter? What's wrong?" 

He shakes his head and stares at the tile floor. "I don't like this. Not one bit. The Alpha of the Black Night pack will be here in three hours. Three damn hours is all we have to prepare for the most dangerous Alpha's arrival, and you ask me what the hell's wrong?"

 The air leaves my lungs at the mention of his name. Alpha Neko of the Red Moon pack will be here. In our territory. In three hours. We all know the stories of the evil Alpha who can destroy an entire pack with only his Beta for assistance. I shudder at the thought and turn to Nova. "We better go and get ready. Alpha said we all have to meet him." She nods and we walk up the stairs to my room and get ready for his arrival. 

Nova plugs in her iPhone and plays some artist named Drake. I smile at her music choice and enter my closet and try to pick out a dress. I don't really like the idea of the Alpha here, now. I dismiss the thought and walk out with two dresses. The first one is a pale yellow strapless sundress.The second is a dark gray dress. I hold them up for Nova to see. "Ooh I'll go with the yellow one and you can wear the other one!" She claps her hands excitedly and heads for the bathroom. She returns with her of makeup and and curling iron.I look at our outfits as I lay them on my bed and brainstorm the best makeup looks. I had already taken a shower early today, so I didn't have to worry about shaving or anything. I begin on my makeup: nothing complicated, just golden eye shadow on my lids, and some winged eyeliner with mascara. I cover a pimple that decided to pop up this morning with some concealer. My hair is naturally curly and wild, so I take two Bobby pins and twist my bangs back on either side of my head and pin them there. "What do you think?" I turn to Nova and she grins wickedly. "Go put your dress on so I can see how gross you look." I narrow my eyes at her and offer my middle finger. She giggles and I pick my dress up off of the bed and put it on.

 I run my hands over the skirt and spin around. The top of the dress is low-cut and tight enough to let the eyes wander, and from there the dress flares out and stops a little higher than mid-thigh. "We look beautiful." My wolf purrs I. agreement and I smile. "Looks like I won't be leaning over to pick anything up tonight." I giggle and say as Nova walks out to the bathroom, with her dress on and makeup done as well. I squeal as she gives a little turn and hurriedly walks to me. Her makeup pretty much matches mine, and her long platinum blonde is twisted into a braided bun. 

We turn as we hear a knock on my door. "Anna? It's me." Carter says as he walks into my room. I roll my eyes at his manners. He's wearing a pale blue polo and some good jeans, barefoot of course. He takes one look at us and grins. "Anna, you look amazing. Nova, you look, well eh. Come on, father's waiting for us downstairs." I giggle as I spray some perfume on my body and follow Carter and Nova out the door.

Hi guys!!!! 

Okay, I am starting a new series and I am super excited for it!!! It's called "The Alphas," and it's basically self-explanatory. Each book is about a different Alpha, but the characters within the books may make cameos, or appearances in others!!!

Hope you enjoy!!

Vote-Comment-Share

(I would love for someone to make a banner, so just email me if you have any ideas 

carolinechristy@gmail.com is my email so please contact me!!