Chapter 2

We walk to the dining room that connects to the kitchen where Luna Hannah, Carter and Nova's mother, puts a pan of brownies into the oven. My mother is over at the counter by the fridge and puts ice in glass goblets for all of us. The table is all set and ready to serve, and the food is out on the Alpha's finest China ready to be eaten. We all nervously jump as the doorbell rings. "I've got it!" I quickly run to the door, straighten my dress and calmly open the door. As soon as the door moves in my direction, I am overwhelmed by a delicious smell. It smells like fresh rain, and also like very expensive cologne that is so good. 

My wolf practically whines in content and I look at the boy, no man, standing in front of me. I slowly look over him, starting at his feet.

He's wearing a pair of skinny jeans, and thick boots. As my gaze travels up to his chest I inwardly gasp. He's wearing a tight, black t-shirt that shows off his defined abdomen and his arms are crossed and his muscular arms are flexed. I look at his face and sigh. His olive toned skin hugs his sharp jawline and his dark, black hair hugs his gorgeous face. His pink, plump lips are set in a line and then I meet his eyes. His deep, forest green eyes meet my blue ones and I stop breathing.

 "MATE!!!" My wolf practically screams. 

His posture stiffens as he realizes who I am. "Mine," he growls and in a deep voice, and I'm not ashamed to say that I'm slightly turned on by it. His beautiful arms reach out, wrapping tightly around my waist, and pull me to him. I sorta fall against his chest and my hands fall awkwardly at my sides. I sigh in content as I lean my head against his chest. "Hey Neko, I got your-" 

Another guy with dirty blonde hair comes up behind my mate and stops when he sees me in his arms. I tense up: Neko? As in Alpha Neko of the Black Night pack, one of the most feared Alpha's in the country. The Black Night pack is notorious for killing any and all people who trespass onto their territory, rogue or not. I remember the stories I've heard about his pack, about the way he can destroy an entire pack with only his Beta in tow. 

The sand haired guy must be his Beta. It takes all of my willpower to leave his arms and I back up into my house once more. My mother walks to the door, sensing my distress, and puts her hand on my arm. "Welcome to the Red Moon pack house, Alpha Neko. This must be your Beta." She gives her classic award-winning smile and she guides them into the dining room.

I walk quickly to Nova and grab her arm, dragging her out the side door of the kitchen to the back porch. "Nova, that's Alpha Neko. And he's m-my mate." I mumble, staring at my feet. Of course she hears, because of our wolf hearing and she gasps. She engulfs me in a huge hug and rubs my back. I pull away after a moment and groan. "We have to go back in there, don't we?" Nova says and puts her arm around my shoulders and we walk back inside. We join Carter by the breakfast bar and I lean against the cool surface of granite. I feel a certain pair of eyes drilling into me, I am positive that they belong to Neko. He is, after all, standing 10 feet away from me.

Alpha Michael and my father come in from the living room laughing. Alpha Michael chuckles and speaks. "Welcome to our gracious home, Alpha and Beta. I trust my beautiful wife has already invited you in. I am Alpha Michael Samuels and my wife is Luna Hannah. The two blonde twins are my very own; my beautiful Nova, and my only heir Carter. This is my Beta Blair Anderson," Alpha says motioning to my father. Alpha Neko and his Beta lower their heads in respect. "His wife is Delta Kathryn, and his amazing daughter Christiana is next to the twins." I blush at his compliment. 

Everyone gets silent as a deep growl rips through the room. The strange Beta puts a hand on Alpha Neko's shoulder. "How gracious of you to welcome us into toe lovely home. We are thankful to be here, aren't we Neko?" Neko huffs and mumbles something quietly under his breath. The strange Alpha finally speaks up, "I am Alpha Neko Petochia of the Black Night pack, and this is my Beta and second in command Christopher Garner." We lower our heads in respect. "Well then, introductions aside, let's eat this wonderful meal the Luna and Delta have prepared." Alpha says. I walk with Nova, and we both take a plate and glass of sweet tea and sit down at the table. As everyone else takes their seats, the goddess blesses me with the gift of my mate sitting directly across from me. The dinner is filled with mindless conversations and Neko and I staring at each other.

As everyone is done eating, Neko asks to speak with my father and Alpha in private. I collect my dishes and put them in the sink. My mother walks to my side. "Anna, what's wrong? You're projecting your emotions through the pack bond." I breath a heavy sigh and my shoulders slump forward. "Mom? I found my mate." I whisper. She gasps and I can feel her grin. "Oh Anna, this is wonderful! It's just great! Why do you look so down then?" I let out a whimper. Tears threaten to spill over and I tightly grip the edge of the sink. "My mate, he's here. Tonight." Silence surrounds us and I can feel Nova and Carter listening in. "Alpha Neko. He is one of the most feared Alpha's to breathe and he's a bloody murderer! And he's my mate. The man that I'm destined to be with is a monster." My wolf whimpers as I say those horrible things about my mate. "It's not true! The goddess chose him for us! He can change. He is a good person." My wolf pleads with me. I shake my head and step around my mom.

 "I'm going out for a run!" I yell over my shoulder. I practically sprint down the stairs and run into the woods behind the pack house. I find my tree and strip down. Every time I shift, it feels so good. It feels like a tense muscle getting massaged. This time, however, I shift quickly and pick up my clothes in my mouth. My wolf is beautiful. She's not as big as Nova's, since she's an Alpha, but my wolf is a good size. I shake out my white pelt and run.

Well that was Chapter Two!!! Send me banners or ideas at my email: carolinechristy65@gmail.com

-Vote

-Comment

-Share

(caroline christy)