One

Picture: Jace
Song: Guillotine
By: Jon Bellion

Chapter One: But Is He Gay?

~~~

Jace's P. O. V

About an hours worth of walking later and I somehow ended up at a park nearby. I know what you're thinking... "Nearby?! You call an hours worth of walking nearby?!" Well, turns out I was going in circles for quite a while, so yeah, goes to show that I'm an idiot. Either that or I have no sense of direction. Or both... But anyways, despite the probably hundreds of missed calls and texts on my phone, I won't be going home anytime soon, so I decided to sit on a swing! Fun, right?!

Well, not as fun when you're upset because your douche of a parent set you up in an arranged marriage that you want absolutely nothing to do with, but whatever, why spoil the moment? It's been so long since I've been alone like this, let alone be on a swing, so I guess you can say I'm content at the moment. Other than the sounds of nature, it's mostly quite, which I like very much. Sure it's always quite at the house, being alone and all, but I feel trapped in there. Here, however... There's just so much I can explore, and so much to see! It's amazing, truly. Nature is such a beautiful thing, and being trapped inside a box when you know that such beautiful life exists is really downgrading.

Sigh...

The birds are flying, insects chirping, someone's calling my name, and I think I hear a waterfall nearby. Wait... A waterfall?! Holy shitzu, what's a waterfall doing nearby here? That's crazy! Wow, see the things that can surprise you? Like the fact that I'm suddenly laying flat on the ground, looking up at some sexy stranger who has me pinned down. Yeah, absolutely shocking.
"Hi."
I squeaked, still recovering from the blow to the ground. The person hovering above me just smiled and laughed before wrapping me in their majestic arms. Wow, okay, hug attack. What in the world is going on?
"Uhm... Do I know you?"
I asked, confusion obvious in my voice. The person blushed slightly, pulled away, and began apologizing.
"Sorry for my lack of introduction. I am Blake Harris. Nice to meet you again after so many years, Jace."
Mr. Harris stuck out his hand for me to shake, which I gladly did, meanwhile trying to piece everything together. Why did that name sound so familiar? And what-? Oh...

Oh!

"Oh, it's you!"
I almost yelled, turning our friendly handshake into a tight hug. Oh my God, it's Blake. It is Blake Harris, my childhood friend that I was forced to abandon eight years ago. Oh my gosh, he's actually here! With me! And I'm hugging him! I would squeal, but I'm a manly man, and manly man don't squeal.

(*cough* flashback to when Jace squeaked because he had the wind knocked out of him by his kohai *cough*)

You shut the f word up, I am a manly man.

(*cough* Do we need the flashback again? *cough*)

No...

(*cough* That's what I thought, ho bag. *cough*)

Anyways... Blake mother f-ing Harris is back!
"Oh, Blake, I missed you so much! You wouldn't believe how much I've craved to hug you like this again."
I said, only tightening my grip around his back. He laughed again and gave me a hard squeeze back, showing just as much passion in our hug as I was. I truly did miss my best friend, so I don't even bother thinking about the questions nagging me in the back of my head.
"Calm down, we just met up again for the first time in eight years, I don't wanna break you."
I just laughed as well, slowly easing my grip on the hug before pulling away completely.
"I believe you could, look at those muscles on you, Mr. Harris!"
I exclaimed, poking Blake's arm and giggling like a child.