When you're crying (season 1)

Dick Grayson

You were sitting on your bed, wondering how this had happened

You were sitting on your bed, wondering how this had happened. Your childhood pet, P/N, had just died. Your parents called you saying they'd been run over. Tears fell down your cheeks.

"I'm home!" You heard Dick call, in his usual happy tone. You quickly composed yourself, wiping your tears. You walked out into the living room. "Welcome home!" You said. You tried to sound happy but your voice came out raspy and uninterested. Dick gave you a weird look. "Baby? Are you okay?" You nodded. "Yeah of course. Why?"

He just stared at you. He came closer to you and cupped your cheek. "Have you been crying?" He asked, sad at the thought. You sighed. He knows you too well. You only nodded. Swiftly, he pulled you into a tight hug. You hugged back, just not as tight. "What happened?" He asked, kissing your head. "P/N got run over... And he didn't make it." You mumbled into his chest.

He gave you squeeze and smoothed down your hair. "I'm sorry, baby."

For as long as it took for you to cope with the death of your beloved pet, Dick called you out of work and stayed with you every second he had free. He got you your favorite foods, and tried to cool for you. He got you your favorite movies and bought you lots of gifts. He made sure to spoil you to the max until you felt one hundred percent better.

Wally West

You sat your kitchen table, desperately trying to finish this homework assignment for college

You sat your kitchen table, desperately trying to finish this homework assignment for college. You were never good at science. You hated it, but it was a requirement to graduate.

You had been so stressed and frustrated you had begun to cry. You just wanted this to be over.

You hear the door open and shut, signaling your boyfriend was home. "I'm home, babe!" He called. You wiped your eyes and fixed your hair. You walked to the front door where Wally was taking off his shoes. "Hey." You forced a smile. "What's wrong?" He asked, in front of you in a millisecond. "Nothing... Why?" He stroked your hair. "You look sad. Have you been crying? Your eyes are red..." He looked so heartbroken to see you like this.