Moving On

Dedicated to my lovely neigbour! although i dont know his name he looks like a Damon! a very fierce, hot, sexy Damon. Hey mary! you might not think that hes a vampire but i do! and this story is sooo going to prove it!

This has been edited! :)

Losing my balance, I quickly caught hold of the bordering tree branch next to me. It belonged to a large well kempt apple tree, with garnet granny smiths ready to be picked. Don’t ask me what I’m doing for God only knows how stupid this idea is. Well you see I have this neighbour. Not just any neighbour, no, my neighbour happens to be gorgeous

 My mom and I had flown in a few days ago, with all my old clothes unpacked and filed neatly away in my novel room; boredom had reached a whole new level. With summer still in full swing, the broken air conditioner was starting to take a toll on my health. Even the northern Californian breeze wasn’t enough to keep me from losing consciousness- I swear I saw the light and heard Satan calling my name. My mom had told me to go and do a bit of ‘exploring’ as she was too busy to have to deal with me at home.

“You have to go out and explore a bit, Izzy. You’re going to be starting school after the holidays, why not try making some friends and get to know Oakland a bit better. Go on then honey. You need the break. We need a fresh start don’t you think?” she gave me one of her tight lipped smiles that I have become accustomed to these past few months. I groaned, as she turned back to her Kodak, mentally listing off all the limitations of being an only child.

She did that as a source of relief- photography. It was her passion, still is. My mom loves nature; any time you want to know anything about the wildlife my mom is your man. Hey, wasn’t that ironic.

It was that tragic incident that drove us to move away from our home in England. Other factors contributed, nevertheless, the misfortune is what triggered the travel. But this topic is taboo.

I slightly shook my head, not wanting my wild running ill thoughts to disrupt my current situation.

Back to my insanely stunning neighbour who just seemed to have a very bad habit of running his hand through is perfectly tousled hair. Mmmmm. If only I could run my hands through his unruly mop. Oh his broad shoulders! His grey fitted v-neck only seems to outline his ripped muscles. Strong, brawny arms.

Oh pure, sweet heaven!

Amidst my perfect fantasy, I saw him turn his head towards the bush. The bush I was currently-uncomfortably might I add-crouching behind.

Oh shit! He must have heard me sighing.

I am definitely going to be exposed now.

I hid further into the not-so-thick bushes and slipped my shades back onto my slender face. Not wanting my black combat pants and black fitted t-shirt to disclose my current predicament, I curled up into a foetal position. To a passer by, I probably looked like an injured robber with the black beanie sat snugly on my head. Oh did if forget to mention the fact that I had two strips of black shoe polish on each of my cheeks?

Man do I love to play spy or what.

Through the gap in between the bushes, I saw his oh so perfect eyebrows furrowed together in confusion; his eyes still fixed on the bushes, I curled up further.

I am so screwed if he takes even a step forward.

What would mum think if she finds out?! Her daughter: the stalker? Yeah, that definitely wouldn’t go too down well.

How pathetic Isadora! I silently scolded myself for acting on impulse. Not even a week has passed of us relocating to Oakland, and here I am, stalking my neighbour- albeit, a very hot neighbour.