Chapter 2

Usually I take a nap right when I get home from school. It's like a ritual. I put my backpack on a chair, take my shoes off, say hi to my dog, and I lay on the couch. Every. Single. Day. But today is different. I have my best friend's sweet sixteen.

Kate and I met through instagram, when I dmed her asking to send me videos of a concert. I know, creepy. But we became friends so it's ok. It was the summer before our freshman year of high school. Now it's April of sophomore year, and we are still as close as ever. I know I know, I'm just a sophomore. It's even worse because I have a late birthday. So while everyone is turning sixteen, I still have 5 months to go.

I quickly jump in the shower, shaving my legs as fast as I possibly can. I'm pretty sure the amount of cuts I got is equivalent to the number of bandaids in the box. I hop out after thirty minutes and dry off. I put on some pajamas and go into my makeup room. This room wasn't specifically designed for my makeup, it's a computer room. None of the computers work though so I now use the room to do my makeup.

I finish my makeup after 2 hours . It's now 5:30 PM. I have 1 hour until I have to be there. You can always count on me to be running late. Always.

I run to the bathroom and start blow drying my hair. After that, I put on my dress. I'm in her court so the whole court has the same dress. The back is so complicated that my dad needs to help me. Soon the dress is on and so are my shoes. I glance at my phone. 6:17 PM. I grab some socks, chapstick, and her card and I shove them all in my jacket. We leave at 6:25 PM. I pick up my friends and we later arrive at 6:40 PM. A little late but whatever. At least we arrived!