Midnight Woos

Midnight Woos

Arnav peeked in through the window, looking out for apparent danger which could come on him. It was an ignoble thing that he was doing for who had been banned from seeing his future wife before their marriage ceremony began. Here was the twist though, he wasn't there for actually looking out for his wife – he was there for something else.

Carefully he stepped inside through the window; thankfully he hadn't had to climb up on pipes and things like those which they showed in movies. He was a person who worked out once in a while but it didn't make him superman to climb up three floors on pipes without the fear of falling down. He was an engineer, not a circus worker or rather a gangster who'd have to play 'Khatron ke Khilari'. Somewhat he felt like that though, no matter what the situation was.

Clearing out the air, he'd stepped in through a window on the ground floor, of one of the rooms which was being used as a store and hence its door was always open but the lights were not turned on.

Destiny was playing odd games with him. How he'd proceed with the marriage if he kept sneaking in like that?

Accepting the fact that sneaking in had nothing to do which getting married; or maybe it did have a connection? He thought. Husbands tend to sneak away from their homes and their wives on a regular basis, maybe this training was actually going to be worth it in future.

Marriage – The tragedy of life. He huffed.

It was close to midnight, and the risk of being caught would've been less only if people had been sleeping.

"I don't understand why these people don't sleep when they're here to attend a wedding." Arnav grumbled under his breath, and rolled his eyes at his destiny.

Passing through the lobby, and finally getting into the first floor, he tapped the door of the second room which belonged to the lady he loved.

Here came the twist – she wasn't the one he was marrying. He gulped at the thought.

"The things we have to do for love and friendship." He gritted his teeth.

The girl opened the door, and was startled. Her face was pale, as she licked her lips, "Arnav?"

Arnav frowned, "Where you expecting someone else?"

"Um, err..." She was visibly taken aback. Of course she was, she was one of the closest friends of his to-be wife, "I-I... I wasn't e-exactly," she cleared her throat, "...expecting you."

"Can I come in?" He upped his brow, "Getting caught would be a problem."

She looked perplexed for a moment but soon ushered him inside. By the look on her face there was no happiness of seeing him there in front of her room, neither was there excitement to see him after all the pain he'd taken to be there. Oh God! What was wrong with her?

"What's wrong?" He asked her.

"Arnav we can't do this anymore."

"Do what, Naira?"

"I don't love you, and I can't pretend like I do when I don't."

Arnav looked at her startled. After all the pains he'd taken? After all the hearts he'd broken? After he'd clearly told Khushi that he wasn't going to be there on the wedding date and she'd smiled and said it was okay because she was his best friend before his fiancée, this was what it'd come up to?

He smiled. Destiny was definitely twisted. Then again, if he loved her then why didn't his heart feel like it was breaking? His mouth twitched.

"Next time," He walked to the front of her door, "Please hide Karan in your bathroom better than today. See you," He paused, looked back and winked at her, "...in the wedding."

He tip toed out and thought of going away, but there was someone he had to meet before that. He smiled at the thought and there was a feeling of fulfilment in his heart – as if this was what he should have done from the very beginning.

He tapped on the second door that night and this time the girl who opened it had wide hazel eyes staring at him, with her mehendi clad hands trying to hide the shock on her face, "Arnav?"

"Khushi."

She quickly looked out if someone was coming or not and pulled him inside the room, "What are you doing here? Koi dekh leta toh?" (What if anyone had seen?)

"Toh dekhta." He shrugged. (Would have seen.)

"Accha, leave that. Did you meet Naira? Did you guys plan something? I'm ready with glycerine." She grinned.

Arnav chuckled and pulled her closer, taking her by shock. She hadn't expected that, and Arnav could feel the racing of her pulse where he was holding her wrist, "And if I say I have a surprise for you?"

"What surprise?" She asked sporadically.

He bent down and kissed her forehead, and she involuntarily closed her eyes.

This was happiness, he realised. Having his best friend whom he had come to more than like... maybe even love and the person he was definitely going to marry.

"That I might just marry you day after."

She smiled, and hugged him, "You've always been good with Midnight woos, like my birthdays. Why the change?"

"Because it's you, and for you, always." He winked.  

*************************************************************************

This is a different One Shot on Arnav and Khushi. 

For anyone who might have read this anywhere else with different characters called Randhir and Sanyukta; let me clear it before anyone tells me I've taken it from someone. I was the one who wrote that. It had been posted on Twitter and in a group in Facebook. NO WHERE ELSE. :)

That'll be all!

Love,
Dee.