Chapter 1

Katie's POV

January 11th, 2017

One month. One whole month it has been since the X factor final. Crazy right? I'm even 19 now, turned it a couple of weeks ago on the 28th December. Now I know you're expecting an update, on how my life has become so 'amazing' since the X factor right? Well, I can give you an update. Not quite sure it's amazing though.

I freaked out. I chickened out of any opportunity I was given as I let my mind take over. For a moment after the final, I actually believed in myself like I also wanted to but it didn't last long. Reading articles and mean tweets put the wrong thoughts in my head. Comments like:

'Three boys throughout the experience?'
'^^what a whore'
'People felt sympathy for her, that's why she got so far'
'She was in a relationship with Roman, that's why she got so far'
'She used matt'
'Too ugly'
'Not even talented'

They all brought me down and changes my views on everything. I refused to go on tour, I deleted all my social media and even changed my number. I cut things off with Matt because he deserves better than a girl like me. And it's almost like everyone's forgotten about me. I'm working in a coffee street in town now and that's the best I can do at the moment, I get no more hate but that's because everyone's forgotten who I am and what I could've been.

When I say I deleted my social media accounts, I made new ones so that I don't get the hate anymore I only have 1k or a little over on everything now. It's crazy how it's all changed. But it was for the best. I don't talk to anyone I met from the experience now, I'm sure they've all forgotten about my existence. Crazily enough,  the people I miss most are Kieran and Roman. Kieran was my bestest friend and now I don't even have contact with him and Roman was my first love...a part of me will always love him.

Luke from YesLad left the group and he's been replaced by a new boy Jake. The boys have become rather popular on social media may I add. Freddy and Christian have been doing many gigs around the country to make their fan bases grow and grow, gifty has been doing the same and is also referred to as being another flour east. Caitlyn Vanbeck, I don't even know and I don't even care. Word has it she's suddenly best friends with a boy who will be on this years The Voice but only time will tell. The five after midnight boys are very popular and will be going on the X factor tour just like Matt who made the charts with his winning single 'when Christmas comes around'.

I'm proud of them all, I really am. And I miss them very much, but deep down I know I've done the right thing.

A/N: IM BAACCCKKKK. Sorry for short chapter, things will get longer and better I promise :)