Chapter 2

A/N: new characters (real ppl tho lol) will be introduced in this book ;)

Katie's POV

Next day

"I'm not feeling that well today so I'm gonna close down early" Mo, my boss told me. She was a kind lady who must've been in her late 50's. It was 4:30pm now and we usually don't shut till 7:00pm.

"Oh okay, that's fine" I told her, taking my apron off.

Within ten minutes I was out of the coffee shop and jumped into my car, driving home. By 4:45 I was home and I walked through the front door to see Nala at the kitchen table on her lap top.

"Hiya" I said kindly.

"Hey sweetie, you're early" she said.

"Yeah mo let me off early" I told her taking my shoes off.

Over this past month I've really been able to bond with Nala more which I'm grateful for bearing in mind we never used to get on.

Dad was still at work and wasn't due to be home till later on this evening so I decided to go upstairs and FaceTime Nash for a bit.

"Wassup sis" he said answering the phone.

"Hi" I waved.

"Katie!!!" I heard a bunch of people yell. Suddenly in the shot was all the magcon boys.

"Hi boys" I laughed. I had a chat with Nash and Hayes for a bit but then the conversation got changed when Cameron joined them.

"Katie, you should start YouTube" he suggested. I laughed awkwardly.

"I don't think that's a good idea" I chuckled.

"Why not?" Hayes asked.

"I literally just got out of the spotlight from X factor, is starting a YouTube channel the best idea?" I asked. They shrugged.

"I think you should go for it" Nash said.

"We'd support you!!" Matt shouted from the background. I laughed.

"I'll think about it" I told them. We spoke a little longer then they had to leave as they had a meeting about magcon.

It was now 6:30 and Nala said dinner was ready. I told her and dad about what the boys told me and they said I should go for it but I just wasn't sure. Did I want to do this? Yea. What was stopping me? The conscience at the back of my head.

Well, some risks are worth taking...

A week later

"Aaaannndddd.....upload." I said clicking the enter button on my laptop. I watched the screen until an icon popped up saying "your video has been uploaded" I smiled to myself. I did it. Maybe this could turn out for the good.

Introduction to Katie Grier!

I was happy with myself, this will do me some good.

@camerondallas yo guys, go check out @katgrier new YouTube channel! It's dope, link in her bio

@naahgrier my sister made a YouTube channel, go check it out

@Magcontour we're supporting @katgrier with her new YouTube channel, so should you

And the tweets continued. Within minutes of the video being up I had people by my side which felt amazing. I still wasn't confident but this is different to the X factor, I'm talking to a camera in my room, not a camera live where things cannot be edited.

@romankemp hiding for so long then back like that

I read as the tweet caught my eye whilst scrolling though my news feed. Posted 2 minutes ago...I knew this was an indirect to me. It has to be, I made a new account so if I'm suddenly popping up on the internet again it's going to be a shocker.

@christianburrows well then.

@mattterry93 didn't see that coming...

@freddyparker awkwaaarrrddddd

@kieranaylein don't even

Maybe it's not about me???

Who am I kidding, none of them have tweeted things like this until now. I expected this, I just can't let it get to me. At least I'm not facing them in person and I know I won't have to.

A/N sorry it's short