Catch up

Stephen pulled into Klay's gated driveway, greeted by the sandy concrete house. Klay knocked on Steph's window, "you coming?" asked Klay pointing towards his house. "Yeah" muttered Steph cutting the engine, his toned arms flexed as he lightly closed the door. His footsteps falled align to Klay's, as they made there way up to the steps. Both sunk into Klay's cloudy grey couch, awkward silence filling the air. "So" said Klay gripping his knees, "so" replied Steph eyes shifting anywhere but to Klay's eyes. "Wannna watch TV?" drawled out Klay, Steph nodded sinking his rigid back into the soft familiar couch. As the night continued Steph felt himself loosen up more and more, it was just like the old times before the fame and the flashing lights. Steph and Klay were sitting in the kitchen waiting for their taco's to come out. Stephen was telling his classic stories and Klay would absorb his words, Stephens chatty personality not bothering him. Steph looked over at Klay, his smile remaining on his bronze skin. 

Klay felt like he was drowning in Steph's prismatic eyes, his heart rapidly beating. Klay's heart slightly collapsed every time Steph would ignore him. He did not understand why Steph would drop him so easily. He had acted aloof about the whole Steph situation, so that Steph would not feel guilty about Klay's feelings.But all Klay really wanted was to know what was going on with Steph, he used to be so open. Tonight seemed to be like old times, it was nice having Steph at ease with him for once this season. "Food's ready" pronounced Steph, his eyes glazing over at having taco's in his stomach. Both sat together, Klay's feet brushing over Steph's. "He needs to stop" thought Steph, his cheeks flushing scarlet, just from Klay's slight touch. Klay being his usual oblivious self did not notice Steph's reaction, instead thinking that the food was too hot for Steph.

"I am stuffed" Steph groaned out patting his non existent stomach. Klay laughed agreeing with his friend. They watched Tv for a little while, before making their way up to Klay's second floor. "Do you mind if i crash with you? Im low-key scared of the dark" muttered Steph biting his lip. "Yeah" rushed out Klay not seeming to get the words out fast enough.