Relapse

Life can be stranger than fiction.

This most recent chapter of my life played out much the same way. A friend, a girl, too much alcohol.

To bring you up to speed I made it about three months before throwing in the towel. In those three months I accomplished some of the greatest achievements of my entire career.

I finished a book a week, lost weight, got a raise.

It was all incredibly boring.

The first drink I had was on Good Friday with my family. They were shocked that I picked up the drink, but happy to once again enjoy my drunken company.

I knew that I was on shaky ground ramping back into boozing, but felt that this time I could handle it.

A girl name Q was also happy that I as drinking again. One night we did some blow in her apartment and I shaved her armpit.

In the morning I let her know how lovely it was to once again awake in my room with no recollection of how I got there.

I drank in the United States on work trips, I drank in parks with wild twenty-something's. I drank on my roof, I drank in the early morning on the weekend, I drank at events on weekdays.

This time though, I was having fun.

It's been a bit over a year since I wrote the first part of this story and I'm amazed by how cyclical my life can be.

Bare with me, there's a lot to cover.