Christmas evening

Melissa came back upstairs about a hour and a half later.

Melissa had no clue where Tate and Violet were.

"W-where are they?" Melissa said, sounding irritated.

Tate and violet sat on the floor in the basement, smiling to each other.

"Are you ready for the real world again?" Tate asked violet.

Violet just shrugged.

"I dunno. I'm scared to see my old 'friends'." Violet replied to Tate.

Tate nodded and gently grabbed her arm.

"You have to promise me something." Tate said to Violet.

--

• Violets P.O.V. •

Violet thought to herself, 'is he gonna make me promise not to self-harm?'

Violet looked up at him, smiling softly.

"Uhh.. Sure.. promise you what?" Violet said, pretending she didn't know what her meant.

•end of P.O.V.•

--

• Tate's P.O.V. •

Tate thought to himself. 'I care about her too much. she's gotta stop this.'

every time he looked at her, he felt like he was a new person....like he was alive again.

•end of P.O.V.•

Tate gently took her hands, holding them in his and looked up into her eyes. "promise me, you won't cut yourself again." he said, staring deeply into her eyes.

Violet looked into his eyes, not saying anything or showing any emotion. "I-I-I u-u-uh.." she rambled her words softly.

"promise me.." he repeated back to her.

She nodded slowly, not taking her eyes of his. "I promise."

he gently kissed her forehead. "I hate seeing you in this state.." he whispered.
"I'm sorry.." she replied back to him.
-
Melissa slowly but quietly walked down the steps and then cleared her throat loudly.
"um..yeah.. are you ready? I know what to say now."