The One They Call Runt

Author: leinacole

Summary:

Nina is no stranger to the horror stories that circle around her pack. Those stories all have one common element, a mate. She swore to herself that no matter what she was never going to give into the fairy-tale story of mates. As far as she knows, it's no fairy-tale at all. Her wolf on the other hand is begging Nina to give their mate, Jaxon Knight, a chance. What lengths will Nina go to to protect herself and her wolf from the troubles that come around with a mate?__________________________The handsome brunette whipped his head around to face me, his eyes narrowed. "You're my mate. You are coming home with me. Period." Do as he says Nina, Lyra begged me. Quite frankly, this continuous badgering with my wolf was draining me emotionally. I ignored her though. "I don't have to go anywhere with you." I said standing my ground. A growl erupted from his chest, it was deep and threatening. He closed the little bit of distance between us. "You are coming with me, even if I have to drag your ass to the van, and tie you up." My body shivered at his threat. "I've been running from you for two months, I'm not going to just give up now." I said lowly. The words that fell out of my mouth were met with another menacing growl. His large hand encompassed my wrist, his hold was firm and the sparks that accompanied his hold on me almost made me feel light-headed. "Don't test me, little mate."