[Chapter 3]

So here we are.

Alec and I are lying down on the carpet like if the bed and couches didn't exist at all, and we were talking about random topics.

Things like how many girls we've ever kissed (do not ask), what we dreamt last night, (he said he did not get any sleep) the attractive dudes in the football team, music, art, families, relatives, and what not. Alec has a step sister, step brother and a grandfather, and that's all the family he has left unless you count his step sister's fiancé. I told him about my mom, dad, my two little siblings, and the Latino housekeeper who woukd make delicious food all back in France until we moved here to America.

I was making an attempt to read before I just dropped my book on my face and gave up.

"So, what are you reading again?" Alec asked. I groaned a little before moving the book and dropping it on wherever I thought his head might be.

"Well sorry for asking," he mumbled before moving the book off of his face. I raised my eyebrows.

"Moby Dick," I said.

"Huh?" he asked. I shifted my head a bit so at least he was in my peripheral vision.

"Moby Dick. That's the name of it. I think," I sighed. "I'm just trying to occupy myself with something until our teacher comes back."

"The book looks interesting," he said, flipping through the pages. "Moby Dick," he mumbled.

"You can hold onto it," I said.

"Hold onto...what?"

"The book,"

I felt him nod his head.

"Well, if it makes you feel better, my stepbrother is a music producer..." I heard him mumble.

I sat up straight (which I'm not ifyaknowwhatImsayn) and turn to look at him.

"For real?" I said a bit too loudly.

Alec sat up, too, and turned. "Yeah, he is," He said, and I widened my eyes. I shook him back and fort violently.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier! Aaaaaaaallllllllleeeeeccccccccccccc! I've been suffering for so long without anyone who makes music because I haven't seen any of my 'classmates' for more than a month," I said, louder than I expected.

I was practically yelling. I stopped shaking him when I saw tears brim him eyes.

"I-I'm s-sorry, B-Brady..." He whispered. "I'm sorry...I'm sorry..."

I stopped and stared at him for a bit as he averted his gaze and I reached to wipe away his tears. He flinched.

"I didn't mean to hurt you..." I mumbled and pulled him into a hug. More like shoving him into my chest and squeezing his brain out but, whatever works. Same difference. He pulled away .5 seconds later anyway.

"Yeah...it's okay..." he said, pushing me off.

"Anyway, about my stepbrother. He's weird. He can get violent and hostile if you pull the correct strings, but fun to be around all the same. Just... don't get too comfortable around him, alright?" He lay out instruction.

I nodded with a hum.

"He actually said that he was on break now, so I"ll phone him and ask him if he can come down for the weekend,"

"What did I really do to deserve you?" I asked, glomping him onto the floor.

"Nothing at all, I don't know why I'm here."

. . .

"Brady," I hear Alec calling my name and shaking me.