The Psycho Family

Where to start?

I guess I should talk about the generation that came before me right, though you'd be stupid not to know them after all these years.

The infamous Harley Quinn. The best mom in the world as I'm concerned. Originally known as Harleen Quinzel who worked as a psychiatrist at Arkham Asylum in Gotham City. She met my dad, the Joker, as one of her patients. After a few of their talks they fell head over heels for each other. Mom was so brave that she was able to sneak in a bunch of amunitions to get him out. As far as I'm concerned they lived happily ever after, kinda.

After a complete accident mom got pregnant with my brother, so they figured he was important enough to stop being super bad for a little while so she could have the baby in peace. They would do bad things here and there, 'only if it's necessary for the baby', as my mother used to say. They debated it for months apparently but they settled on the name Brantley.

Not sure if they meant to the second time, but 3-4 years later mom found me in her stomach. My name was a bit easier to pick, since it was the one they set their heart on when they weren't sure what gender Brant was gonna be.

I'm sure you've heard a lot of stories over the years on how my parents treated one another. To sum it up quickly they have a rough relationship. They truly do love each other, but when they fight they actually fight. Not just a sort of verbal fight where they yell back and forth, that does happen, but they use weapons and beat each other up.

You would hope that sort of behavior would have stopped when they had a kid right? Nope. Dad figured it was easier to beat on us than have mom be able to actually fight back. Mom tried her best to help but after having 2 kids she wasn't as awesome as she used to be. I'm not gonna sit here and cry and complain that I've had a rough childhood. It was pretty terrible but Brant and I always stuck up for each other.

Since the day we could walk we've held some sort of weapon. We've been trained for one thing and one thing only throughout our entire lives, kill the big, bad bat. Mom would train us to fight Dad every once in awhile when he wasn't home.

Mom's specialties were giant hammers, rock hard baseball bats, and pistols. Dad's specialties were hand guns and sharp knives. I've recently enjoyed big swords and small guns. I can make your death painful and drawn out, or I can make it quick and, hopefully, painless. Brant has acquired the taste for explosives and machine guns, but he'll use switch blades when he wants it to be personal.

Times have dramatically changed, so we've learned in our 'history' class. Cities were filled with constant chaos and there were epic fights and battles everyday. Now everything is super strict and boring. Heros and even villains realized they were getting weaker with age they needed to train a new generation to fight for them.

The next part became very political. Everyone promised to stop fighting to let their children be successful. There was a long list of rules and a nice big paper to sign but it worked. We've been in peace for quite a while with minor problems here and there.

Everyone has a few things they wish they could change, but the laws they chose were made for a reason. I personally wish we didn't have to take that stupid justice class that teaches us the 'right' and 'wrong' way to bring criminals the justice, but we can't get everything we want right.

Decisions come with consequences. Consequences come with hate. Hate comes with chaos. Chaos comes with death.