Chapter 1

"I'll have an iced chai tea with a pineapple pastry." Announced the man in front of the counter.

"Is that all?" Replied Alexis.

" Yes it is." The man was middle aged and had a bald spot in the center of his grease filled head.

"Okay, have a seat and I will bring your order to your table" It was a slow day at the coffee shop where Alexis worked. For that at least, she was thankful. She had gotten little sleep the night before and was understandably exhausted.

She took the slip with the customers order to the shelf behind her and put it in one of the clips. As she prepared the customers order she thought about how long it has been since she had gotten a good night sleep. It had been much to long. She probably hasn't slept well since the night  before she had started dating her ex.....

She cut the thought off not wanting to face the scars of her past just yet.

She took the pastry and drink out to the bald mans table and set them in front of him as gently as possible.

"Is there anything else I could help you with?" She politely asked.

"No" He grumbled.

"Okay let me know if you need anything" She smiled.

She sighed as she looked at the clock seeing that it was her break time.  She walked to the employee room, grabbed her lunch and sat down at the empty table by the window. She took out her salad and began eating and listening to the sounds out in the shop.

One voice in particular seemed to be approaching the employee room. There was only one other person who had a break right now, and that was her best friend Kaitlyn. Well, Kaitlyn was actually one of three people she considered her friends.

The door to the room opened and Kaitlyn entered with all her flawless beauty.  Kaitlyn was outgoing and easy to talk to. She was a great person although she did seem to constantly jump from one boyfriend to another. Alexis had met her current boyfriend three days ago when he came to pick up Kaitlyn. Probably to spend the night at his place. His name is Jacob, or Josh, something like that. She didn't trust him. He was probably just in it for the sex. But then again, he would probably be gone in a few days or so.

Kaitlyn came and sat down next to Alexis, placing her food in front of her.

"Hey! I had the most amazing night last night, you have no idea. Josh took me out to the mall and I modeled some lacy little things for him. After that we had the most amazing sex at his place. It was like a dream." She said as she walked into the room.

"Wow, that sounds great! Do you already know who you will date after you break up with Josh?" She teased.

"Haha real funny Alexis, no I don't know who I will date. But I'll admit Josh is becoming a bit to annoying for my liking." Kaitlyn repied.

"Oh so you are already set to move on?" She laughed.

"Shut up!" Kaitlyn rolled her perfectly painted eyes and playfully slapped Alexis' arm. "But I do have some exciting news.  While I was at the mall I exchanged numbers with this super, like SUPER good looking guy..."

" WAIT!" Alexis all but screamed, "you took his number while you were at the mall with Josh! Was Josh there when you exchanged numbers?"

"No of course he wasn't there. But he should know he isn't going to last that long anyway." She shugged, "anyway as I was saying, this guy, his name is Rafael and he is eye candy. We were talking and he told me he had FREAKING VIP TICKETS TO THE GRAND OPENING OF THAT NEW CLUB!!! He said I could bring two friends, so I decided that I am going to take you and Josh with me to that hot new club! You can come right? This is like a once in a life time thing!"

"Uh well I don't really go out mu-"

"Okay great your coming! It's tomorrow night I can pick you up at 8 sharp. Dress nice, sexy even. If you need help getting ready let me know. I Can't wait!" She clapped her hands.

"Umm....okay?" Alexis responded, unsure of herself.

"Great! So I've been meaning to tell you about how I want to start ....." Kaitlyn quickly changed the topic.

______________________________________

A/n: thank you for reading! Please give me advise if you have any!