Back forward back pt. 1

After a few nights of us talking we became pretty near dependent on each other to get us throughout the day. I believe it was about a month in when the name calling started. Not bad names but names such as Sweetheart, Hun, Babe, Etc. Even though we didn't say something I loved her and I was sure she loved me. The first I love you definitely came from her because at the time I was unaware what was too slow or too fast in a long distance relationship. From then on there was nobody but her. We could only talk over the internet but I've heard her voice on YouTube videos and she might as well of been sitting with me. It had gotten to the point where we agreed that when we could both drive we'd meet between her state and mine and be perfect. And then one day I got a strange message. "Hey Jon, can we talk?" I worriedly answered yes and called her sweetheart as I usually contribute to the conversation. Then she said something that made my heart shatter in two(at the time). She told me there couldn't be an us and that there was a boy in her state she wanted to try and make it with but that we could still be friends. Me not wanting to make her feel bad agreed and we were at the just friend stage once again. At least for a while.