Just The Start

I've always built up scenarios in my head, just in case if I've encountered a stranger. I thought of shaking that person's hand and giving a kind smile. But no, this was different. This was Logan. And he knew me very well. That I was the very hated soul of this school. I've never really talked to anyone at this school, all except Jayden. This was unexpected. Maybe if I ignored him, he'll go away. That's what everyone did with me, so vice-versa? 

Without meeting his face, I pulled my wrist away and marched on forward. Now, let's just hope he decides I'm a waste of his time.

"Princess, you didn't answer my question," I heard his voice strike behind me. I stopped and looked back. He had dark chocolate brown hair, almost close to black. He had a smug face with dark green seductive eyes, trailing my face. His high cheekbones were something to gawk at. A smirk was planted on his face and it didn't leave.  He inched closer to me and stood right before me. Logan towered over me, he was a head taller than me. I knew I wasn't close to being the shortest person in school, but Logan was tall. Like the perfect kind of tall.

"Uh," I stammered, unsure of what to say. "I have to go to class," I meekly whispered, meeting his eyes.

"Acacia," Logan said my name, so smoothly. It startled me, why is he so good at doing that? I accidentally dropped one of my textbooks, my history textbook. Why am I so clumsy? Like a gentleman, he picked up my textbook and handed it over. I snatched it away from him and he smiled a little. Every single thing he did annoyed the hell out of me. Even his little smile.

"What do you want?" I asked him irritability. I guess I was so used to everyone teasing me, I never gave thought about when someone was nice to me.

"You," Logan responded directly, his eyes wandered all over my face. My eyes widen in response. 

"No," I glared at him, and his shoulders brushed against mine. I tensed up a bit. "Just leave me alone,"

"And why is that?" I could hear him disguise his sudden shock, or maybe disappointment. Because no one has ever rejected him before. 

"I'm not dumb like the other girls," I responded tersely. I'm not dumb enough to fall for him. A player.

The warning bell rang, twice. I felt proud of myself. I just rejected the hottest guy in highschool. I trudged on to my class, hurrying past the people who were staring at me. Everywhere I turned, whispers aroused and strange looks were given to me. I hope this wasn't about the Logan thing, because that will be the last time I'll encounter him.

I felt a light tap on my shoulder and glanced. Jayden. He wore a white collared shirt with a pull-over navy blue sweater. He had a worried expression, I could tell it all in the eyes. He had soft misty blue eyes, they were clouded with concern.

"Hey, Acacia," Jayden greeted me softly and placed his hand over my shoulder.

"What took you so long?" I frowned and met his face.

"Sorry," he patted my shoulder and squeezed me. "In related news, Logan?" he asked in aghast and surprise.

Of course this was a surprise. Why would a player even bother with me? 

"Oh, him," I muttered and pressed my lips. I could taste the fresh lip-gloss I put on in the morning. "It's..nothing," I replied hesitantly. 

"Some bullying shit, right?" Jayden inferred from my expression. 

"You could say that," I bit my lip and looked at the ground.

I didn't want to tell Jay about what happened. First off, it would be awkward. Secondly, he'll find out eventually..right? Rumours got around this school fast. Even if they were fake. That's why everyone hates me so much. I often pondered on how things would be..if they were different. Like if I wasn't bullied or tormented with harsh words that consumed every little bit of me. 

But that was just a thought. Just a lost dream.