Diary of a Vixen 2 Excerpt

Re introduction of Dada 

I’d just touched down in California, and I was feeling great. I had made over a million dollars on tour and that was a big accomplishment for a street nigga like me. I’d came from a long track line of gangstas, hustlers, and drug users, so me making it in the music industry was big for me and my peoples. I couldn’t wait to get to my new mansion and see my wife Melissa. Although I was always around a bunch of women none compared to her.

Me and Melissa been married for 3 years and been together since teenagers. She held me down through my career and even beforehand. She accepted a nigga for who he was, and didn’t do too much complaining. We had our problems, but I always knew how to make things better. After exiting my tour bus, my security through my millions of luggage, duffle bags, and suit garment bags into the trunk of the Mercedes car service and we took off. We arrived to my home in Hollywood Hills in record time. My security helped me take all my shit out the car service, and he got back into the car and drove off.

When I entered the house, it was quiet. I yelled out my wife’s name as I hauled all my stuff into the foyer. It had been three months since I saw her, and I hadn’t contacted her in a few days, so I knew she was somewhere in the house waiting. I heard Mel walking down the stairs. “Dada, is that you’re cheating, lying ass? I swear I’m going to kill you!” I smiled at her, looking confused and she forced her phone into my face.

I looked at the picture she was trying to show me, and immediately thought back to Vegas, I shook my head. It was that flat chested chick Alexis. She was sexy and I was going to call her again, but I wasn’t feeling her small breast. “Mel, if you’re about to start tripping over a picture, I’m about to bounce now.” I said walking through the foyer. I hated fighting with my wife over pictures and shit she saw in the blogs. Mel grabbed me by my sweater, “No, you’re going to stay here and listen to me. I’m tired of being here alone in this big ass house, and all these other bitches getting all your time. I know you out there working, but you my husband. I should be the only one pleasing you, rather you’re on tour or not. You leave me here alone, wondering if you will ever come home.”  Tears fell from Mel’s eyes, I couldn’t stand to see her cry. That shit always fucked me up inside because I knew I could be a better nigga, but it didn’t come natural for me.

I walked up to Mel and tried to hug her, but she pushed me away. “Just go Dafon, I don’t even want to talk about this right now.” She walked off and began to walk up the stairs, I followed behind her. “Babe, I swear nothing happened with me and that girl, I don’t even remember her. I’m here with you now, so let’s make the best of it.” Mel didn’t say anything when we walked into our room. I decided to leave her alone and let her be mad. I knew eventually it would die down and we would spend some time together.

I decided since she wasn’t speaking to me, I would head to the studio and meet my crew. My album was almost finished, and due to drop in a few months, so I was getting my newest single ready to hit the radio. Music was my life, Mel thought other women was my problem, but music was what was really keeping me away from home, the women just came with this shit as an extra perk. I went into my walk in closet and pulled out a gray cotton Polo sweat suit and a pair of Louboutin tennis shoes.

I never dressed up when I went to the studio. I was there to work, not to impress a bunch of niggas and bitches standing around. I walked into my bathroom and showered, I got out, and got dressed. The whole time I was getting ready, Mel laid in our bed looking on her laptop with her headphones on. I loved my wife, but sometimes I wished she didn’t act so immature, I knew we were both young, she was only 21 and I was 24 and she was being my wife as much as she could for her age but I felt as if she might need to grow up a little more and I should too. She had a new set of friends she hung out with in the industry, and they were always feeding her bullshit. I knew eventually she would understand my life, that’s why I stuck with her.

I walked over to Mel and kissed her on the lips, I was pleased she kissed me back. I took her headphones off her head. “Come home tonight Dafon.” Mel said looking me in my eyes. “I promise I’ll be home before 1am.” I kissed her again and walked out our room. I grabbed my Bentley keys and headed out the door.

I drove off and called my manager Mike while I was on the freeway.

“What’s up Lil nigga you on your way to the studio? It’s a bad Lil bitch here name Alexis, said she was looking for you.” I looked at my phone and started laughing. “So, Lil Mama stalking a nigga now. I met her in Vegas.” Mike laughed. “The ladies love you man, so get used to them checking for you. This is only the beginning. You want me to get rid of her?” Mike knew if I didn’t want a certain female in my session, he would remove them. I decided to let her stay, besides those little ass tities, she had some good head and I wanted to see what else she was working with.

“Nah, let her stay I’ll be there in about 30 minutes.” I hung up with Mike and did 100 on the freeway to the studio. 

When Mitch called me and told me Dada was having an open studio session in Burbank, I made sure I was one of the females that would get in. Mitch told me Dada’s manager invited him to shoot a promo video for his new song. I sat on the small black leather couch looking around the room. I felt a little out of place because I had never been to one of Dada studio sessions. I t was different and he went all out with his.

The studio room was huge big enough to hold 30 people in the booth alone. He had body guards everywhere and armed security. I even had to get pat down and my purse checked before I even entered the building. Everyone was cliques up and I was alone so I stood from the couch to talk to Mitch. “I told Mike manager you were here for The Boss, so he is already reserved for you.” Before I could say anything to Mitch about telling his manager that. I saw Dada standing behind the glass door waiting to be buzzed in.

My heart fell to my panties when I saw him. He wasn’t all flashy when I saw him at his concert. He looked well rested and clean up in his Polo swear suit. I heard the door buzz and he walked in. All of his entourage and security greeted him with everything he needed, which was blunts and bottles. After Dada was settled in, I saw him approaching me. My hands began to get sweaty. I didn’t know why I was so nervous around him, I assumed he wasn’t just an average nigga.

Dada flopped down on the couch next to me and put his arm around me.

“What’s up Miss Lexis, I thought I told you I was going to call you.”

“I know you said you were, but I thought I’d surprise you.” Dada smiled. “Well a nigga like me don’t like surprises, because I might have one for you next time. I have a wife, so you can’t be coming to a nigga sessions looking for me.” I looked at his hand and saw his iced out wedding band. Shit he was sitting next to me, not his wife, so I did not care about her but I told him I would wait for him to call next time.

“Well, I’m not here to play I’m here to work so I’ll check you later. Don’t leave though, get comfortable open up one of these bottles of Ace.” Dada stood from the couch and popped open his bottle of champagne. And let all the bubble splatter on the carpet. He then walked into the booth and got to work. I sat behind the scenes as Mitch recorded his session. I didn’t want to be caught with Dada on camera anymore. I didn’t want to hear Jasmines wining ass nor get Dada caught up with his so called wifey.

I had been in the studio for hours, drinking smoking and watching Dada's every move. Not once did he look at me, but I knew what was up. I knew one his studio session was over, I would be all his. As I sat dranking my last drink, I saw Dada’s manager Mike walking towards me. He sat next to me and spoke into my ear. “Aye, that nigga Dada said you can leave.” Before he finished I looked at him with much attitude. “So, that nigga kicking me out his session?”

Mike laughed, “Nah girl, calm down. Take this key, Dada said meet him at the W hotel”