Chapter 10

I almost wished I felt the same way about Andrew before he told me he had never slept with anyone. Ever since that day, I developed a soft place in my heart for him - which lead me to the state of being nervous and shy around him; the state of having a crush on him. 

I hated being shy and nervous around him - it made me wish that I hated him again, because life was a lot easier when I hated him. 

I liked him a lot; I had a massive crush on him - and I would realise that every time I would see him.

Witnessing his gorgeous face was what was keeping me up. I turned around and rolled in my bed repeatedly, trying to forcefully shut my eyes so I could fall asleep.

For some reason, I wasn't tired at all anymore - my eyes were wide open in the darkness that filled my room. 

Whilst I was staring up at the ceiling, I heard noisy footsteps coming up the stairs that were entering Chris's room. 

The guys were tired, I suspected - and they were coming upstairs to call it a day. 

I bit my lip as I heard Andrew's voice echo through the upstairs area. He was talking to the others, as they entered Chris's room next door.

For a minute I thought I saw the shadow of feet standing right behind my door, as I could see the outline of shoes under the small gap above the floor - that was visible in the moonlight that peered in my room. 

Is it Andrew? I asked myself, keeping my eyes on the feet.

The person behind the door stood there for another few minutes, and I was about to get up to open the door - when they disappeared. 

The person walked to the room next door and closed the door behind them - leaving me wondering who it really was.

*** 

I loudly groaned as I laid on my stomach - unable to fall asleep, no matter how hard I tried.

I reached my hand over my nightstand, and found my phone - pulling it towards my face as I pressed the button that displayed my bright lockscreen. 

3:22 - the time read, and I groaned again, unable to understand why I couldn't sleep. 

I opened my mouth to sigh, and felt the sensation of a very dry tongue. I need water, I thought - as being thirsty was probably the reason why I was struggling to sleep. 

I pushed the covers off me, and stumbled out of bed. A cold sensation tingled in the bottom of my feet, as I walked across the wooden floorboards. 

I twisted the metal doorknob, as I tiptoed across the landing and stepped down the stairs. 

I switched on the lights in the open plan kitchen - which temporarily blinded me, because I had been in the dark for so long. 

Rubbing my eyes, I leaned across the counter and grabbed a glass from the cabinet. With a glass in my hand, I made my way over to the fridge and poured myself some ice cold water. 

It felt like I hadn't had a glass of water in ages. Once I downed the water, I was instantly refreshed by the cool feeling. 

Feeling a lot more awake and active, I twirled around the kitchen in my blue nightie - with a glass of water in my hand. 

I walked around the kitchen, sipping water after each step - and humming to a random tune. 

I twirled around to face the footsteps I heard coming upstairs.

From the corner around the downstairs landing, emerged a tall, figure - who's brown hair was messily ruffled on top. 

I stood in the centre of the kitchen, wildly blinking at Andrew - who was blinking back at me - pursing his lips.