heartbroken..

About a month ago I told my crush that I liked her.

We've been friends for a long time so we were both fine and chill with it after I told her.
I thought she loved me back.

Boy was I fucking wrong.

Today my friend told me that my crush told him that she doesn't like me back in that way and feels awkward when I act lovey dovey around her.

.. Okay then. You know what I'm fine with that. I can take rejection.

What I can't take is the fucking fact that she didn't just straight up tell me in the first place.
No. Instead she told my own friend that the day after I confessed to her.

Like I poured my heart and soul out to her and she just let me believe that she liked me back without saying another word.

Here's the thing..

Two years ago, I told another friend that I loved her and she told me in a calm manner that she was straight.

I was perfectly fine with that.
Because
1. She was honest.
2. She was nice about it.
3. She didn't keep it a fucking secret that she didn't like me back and told someone else about it instead of telling me the next day.

I can take rejection (to a certain point) but I will not stand to be fucking played with like that.

Not saying anything to me is not protecting me.
It's hurting me more and more.