Introduction

A/N: (PLEASE READ) Just for any future confusion, this book is, somewhat, based off of the movie "Beautiful Creatures" and the show "The Secret Circle" in some instances but u will soon see it is very different. I apologize if the story offends anyone based on religious aspects, it is not meant to be taken offensively and this story isn't meant to judge or slander any religions so please do not take it personally....hope you enjoy!!! And don't forget to comment and vote.

Finding out took the longest. It wasn't until I turned 16 until things started to change.

It was just a normal day like any other. I woke up to the warm California air. We had moved from England to a small valley in California  when I was only 2 years old, so yeah I don't have an accent. My mother claimed there would be a better life out here for us. 

I curled my long, wavy, brown hair and got dressed in ripped jeans and a plain black V-neck shirt. My hazel eyes looked slightly brighter that day; maybe it was my happiness about it being my birthday. I remember walking down stairs and seeing my mother making breakfast in the kitchen and my dad reading the paper while drinking his coffee.

"Good morning, hun." My mother said. "Happy birthday."

"Happy birthday, sweety." My dad greeted. "What do you plan on doing today?" He asked.

"I'm not sure, I might just go hang out with a couple of friends or something." I suggested as I began to walk out the door to school.

"Well make sure your back before our Bible study tonight." My mom clarified. I nodded an okay and started making my way to school. The sun was shining bright, and I felt so excited that I was now 16. I felt slightly different though. It was as if I was more alive or as if something exciting was going to happen.

I began to walk faster when I turned my head and noticed a guy in a large hoodie following me. I became really nervous, but once I turned the corner he was gone. Just like that, gone. I thought it was strange, but I tried my best to ignore it as I approached the school.

I went straight to 1st period, even though class wouldn't start for another 5 minutes, and was greeted by, non other than, the girls who make my life a living hell.

"Well look who it is girls." The main bitch out of their "clique", Summer, greeted alongside her friends Sarah and Vanessa.

"Can you please leave me alone. I just want to have a good day without you sluts screwing it up." I spat as I sat in my seat. I nearly covered my mouth, not meaning for those words to fall out. Summer's eyes went wide with my words.

"You better watch your damn mouth!" She shouted as she slammed her palms on my desk. I rolled my eyes at her.

"Oh please." I muttered. I wasn't normally like this.

"I'm sorry, what was that?!" Summer grew even more angry.

"Leave.Me.The.Hell.Alone!" I responded when I looked up at her from my seat.

"Why?! Are you upset that you will never be able to fit in? Or is it just that you don't understand that you are completely worthless?!

I stood to my feet."Screw you Summer!"

"What? Like how you screwed half of the football team?" She retaliated. I balled my fist in anger. All of my hatred began to build up inside of me. 

"I SAID LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!" I yelled as I screwed my eyes shut and made a blood curdling scream. All I saw was red when everything in the room began to shake and go flying. Summers voice became a distant blur.

Before I knew it all of the desks were scattered all over the room and some windows had shattered leaving some students with mild injuries.

"You evil bitch! What did you do!" Summer and her friends screamed. Before anyone could say anything else, I bolted out of the room. I ran straight off campus and didn't look back. I know that I had caused that, I just don't know how. I didn't mean to, I just lost control.