The Last Sunset: Chapter 3

"CCCCCRRRRRAAAAAACCCCCKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

     I opened my eyes reluctantly wishing I was dead, a pelican was standing on my chest staring down into my eyes. I tried to scream, but nothing came out. What had happened to my voice?

      Some man came rushing in to see what was wrong. In the time it took him to come I had realized that I was in a bungalow. I must of been  in a coma for at least a year because I could tell I was on the same shore as before but everything looked so different. "Are you okay Ari?" It was Zach. I sat up, wait how was i not paralysed? There's no doctors out here. I suddenly felt strangely hyper and happy, I put my hand in my pocket. There was a knife in it but I had no idea how it got there. Not caring, I took it out and hid it behind my back so Zach couldn't see it. I started meandering up to him, "I'm so glad you where able to find me," I said with a glimmer in my eyes and a hint of insanity in my voice.

        "So am I," He replied. He was so happy i was alive. I was only two feet away from him, I turned around.

       "How long have I been like this?"

       "Two ye-"

        I spun around and slit his throat and blood splattered everywhere, especially on my face. I licked my lips tasting the sweet flavor of his blood. My eyes widened with exitement, this was the first time I had ever killed someone without using my powers, it was very amusing. I decided to experiment with it a little more. "Haha, little," I chucked. "I think more like a lot." I couldn't stop smiling. I walked outside seeing the tired face of Zoe, she had tried to kill me, now it was my turn to have some fun. She turned around and saw me. "Ari, thank god you're alright. I'm so sorry i really didn't mean to or want to kill or hurt you." I could tell she had been crying, but I didn't care.

      Neither did I." I sprinted up to her and killed her the same way I killed by best friend. "Maybe you'll think twice about betrying your friends in the afterlife," I said licking the blood off the knife. I may have turned insane that day, but it was also the day where I figured out where my lyalties lie, they lie with no one and if anone tries to contact me... well, let's just say they got off easy.